Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Association invite the community to visit the gallery during harvest, when the bounty of wine grapes are crushed and the joie de vivre of winemaking begins.
Starting Oct. 4, 11 artists from the Gorge and Portland area join together to celebrate the sensuality of wine. In addition to the show, eight wineries will host wine tastings at the gallery every Friday in October from 6-8 p.m. (schedule below).
The gallery celebrates First Friday on Oct. 4 from 6-8 p.m. with the opening reception of “The Crush.”
Meet the exhibiting artists and local winemakers and indulge in complimentary appetizers and wine tastings from Cathedral Ridge.
Beer and wine will be available for purchase.
The Crush” includes a special event on Oct. 25 at 7 p.m., “A Conversation: Wines of the Columbia River Gorge.”
Winemakers from the region will discuss winemaking in the Gorge.
Exhibiting artists are Sally Bills Bailey, Scott Gellatly, Eric Jacobsen, Mark Nilsson, Anton Pavlenko, Cathleen Rehfeld, Hazel Schlesinger, Nancy Tongue, Za Vue and Karen Watson.
Curators are Laurel Bushman and Sally Reichmuth.
As part of “The Crush,” a discount is offered to those wishing to attend the CAST play “Macbeth” (see Kaleidoscope, B1).
On Oct. 11 and 18 a play ticket and wine tasting will be $20.
Friday Wine Tastings Oct. 4 — Cathedral Ridge Winery
Oct. 11 — Wy’East Vineyards and White Salmon Vineyard
Oct. 18 — Aniche Winery and Mt. Hood Winery
Oct. 25 — Viento Winery and Cascade Cliffs Winery
All events are 6-8 p.m.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge