Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Association invite the community to visit the gallery during harvest, when the bounty of wine grapes are crushed and the joie de vivre of winemaking begins.
Starting Oct. 4, 11 artists from the Gorge and Portland area join together to celebrate the sensuality of wine. In addition to the show, eight wineries will host wine tastings at the gallery every Friday in October from 6-8 p.m. (schedule below).
The gallery celebrates First Friday on Oct. 4 from 6-8 p.m. with the opening reception of “The Crush.”
Meet the exhibiting artists and local winemakers and indulge in complimentary appetizers and wine tastings from Cathedral Ridge.
Beer and wine will be available for purchase.
The Crush” includes a special event on Oct. 25 at 7 p.m., “A Conversation: Wines of the Columbia River Gorge.”
Winemakers from the region will discuss winemaking in the Gorge.
Exhibiting artists are Sally Bills Bailey, Scott Gellatly, Eric Jacobsen, Mark Nilsson, Anton Pavlenko, Cathleen Rehfeld, Hazel Schlesinger, Nancy Tongue, Za Vue and Karen Watson.
Curators are Laurel Bushman and Sally Reichmuth.
As part of “The Crush,” a discount is offered to those wishing to attend the CAST play “Macbeth” (see Kaleidoscope, B1).
On Oct. 11 and 18 a play ticket and wine tasting will be $20.
Friday Wine Tastings Oct. 4 — Cathedral Ridge Winery
Oct. 11 — Wy’East Vineyards and White Salmon Vineyard
Oct. 18 — Aniche Winery and Mt. Hood Winery
Oct. 25 — Viento Winery and Cascade Cliffs Winery
All events are 6-8 p.m.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda