Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Association invite the community to visit the gallery during harvest, when the bounty of wine grapes are crushed and the joie de vivre of winemaking begins.
Starting Oct. 4, 11 artists from the Gorge and Portland area join together to celebrate the sensuality of wine. In addition to the show, eight wineries will host wine tastings at the gallery every Friday in October from 6-8 p.m. (schedule below).
The gallery celebrates First Friday on Oct. 4 from 6-8 p.m. with the opening reception of “The Crush.”
Meet the exhibiting artists and local winemakers and indulge in complimentary appetizers and wine tastings from Cathedral Ridge.
Beer and wine will be available for purchase.
The Crush” includes a special event on Oct. 25 at 7 p.m., “A Conversation: Wines of the Columbia River Gorge.”
Winemakers from the region will discuss winemaking in the Gorge.
Exhibiting artists are Sally Bills Bailey, Scott Gellatly, Eric Jacobsen, Mark Nilsson, Anton Pavlenko, Cathleen Rehfeld, Hazel Schlesinger, Nancy Tongue, Za Vue and Karen Watson.
Curators are Laurel Bushman and Sally Reichmuth.
As part of “The Crush,” a discount is offered to those wishing to attend the CAST play “Macbeth” (see Kaleidoscope, B1).
On Oct. 11 and 18 a play ticket and wine tasting will be $20.
Friday Wine Tastings Oct. 4 — Cathedral Ridge Winery
Oct. 11 — Wy’East Vineyards and White Salmon Vineyard
Oct. 18 — Aniche Winery and Mt. Hood Winery
Oct. 25 — Viento Winery and Cascade Cliffs Winery
All events are 6-8 p.m.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge