Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Is your nonprofit struggling to find funding? The Gorge Community Foundation is now accepting grant applications from local organizations, with a fast-approaching deadline of Oct. 25.
This annual grant is made possible through the Joan Burchell Fund. Burchell, who lived in Parkdale until her death in 2008, left a bequest that provides annual charitable gifts where they are most needed. Nonprofit agencies located or operating in the Columbia River Gorge are invited to apply. Grants will be awarded in early December.
Six separate grants were awarded in 2012, supporting projects in Skamania, Wasco, Klickitat, and Hood River counties. Last year’s grant recipients include:
Skamania-Klickitat Community Network, $3,300
Columbia Gorge Arts in Education, $750
Hood River Warming Shelter, $1,070
La Clinica del Cariño (One Community Health), $1,680
Backpacks for Kids, $2,000
Columbia Gorge Cat Rescue, $1,200
Application guidelines may be downloaded at gorgecf.org.
More like this story
- Holiday Happenings, updated for Dec. 16 edition
- Service Announcement for Dec. 16:
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed