Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Women who like to sing Christmas carols are invited to sing with the Sweet Adelines throughout the holidays. Harmony of the Gorge chorus will hold the first Christmas Chorus rehearsal starting Oct. 8, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
There will be several Tuesday evening rehearsals before the Christmas Chorus starts performing throughout the mid-Columbia area.
“It’s a joyful time for taking Christmas music to guests in hotels, to group-living residents to community events and to the main streets along the Columbia River,” says Angie McKee, chorus team leader.
Women of all ages are invited to join the Christmas Chorus rehearsals Tuesday evenings at Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River. There will be a $10 deposit for copies of the music, refundable when the music is returned.
If you love to sing, this is a great way to find out what Sweet Adelines is all about. For more information, call 509-493-2006 or 541-490-2481 or visit harmonyofthegorge.com.
More like this story
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge