Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Women who like to sing Christmas carols are invited to sing with the Sweet Adelines throughout the holidays. Harmony of the Gorge chorus will hold the first Christmas Chorus rehearsal starting Oct. 8, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
There will be several Tuesday evening rehearsals before the Christmas Chorus starts performing throughout the mid-Columbia area.
“It’s a joyful time for taking Christmas music to guests in hotels, to group-living residents to community events and to the main streets along the Columbia River,” says Angie McKee, chorus team leader.
Women of all ages are invited to join the Christmas Chorus rehearsals Tuesday evenings at Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River. There will be a $10 deposit for copies of the music, refundable when the music is returned.
If you love to sing, this is a great way to find out what Sweet Adelines is all about. For more information, call 509-493-2006 or 541-490-2481 or visit harmonyofthegorge.com.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge