Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Women who like to sing Christmas carols are invited to sing with the Sweet Adelines throughout the holidays. Harmony of the Gorge chorus will hold the first Christmas Chorus rehearsal starting Oct. 8, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
There will be several Tuesday evening rehearsals before the Christmas Chorus starts performing throughout the mid-Columbia area.
“It’s a joyful time for taking Christmas music to guests in hotels, to group-living residents to community events and to the main streets along the Columbia River,” says Angie McKee, chorus team leader.
Women of all ages are invited to join the Christmas Chorus rehearsals Tuesday evenings at Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River. There will be a $10 deposit for copies of the music, refundable when the music is returned.
If you love to sing, this is a great way to find out what Sweet Adelines is all about. For more information, call 509-493-2006 or 541-490-2481 or visit harmonyofthegorge.com.
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge