Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Women who like to sing Christmas carols are invited to sing with the Sweet Adelines throughout the holidays. Harmony of the Gorge chorus will hold the first Christmas Chorus rehearsal starting Oct. 8, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
There will be several Tuesday evening rehearsals before the Christmas Chorus starts performing throughout the mid-Columbia area.
“It’s a joyful time for taking Christmas music to guests in hotels, to group-living residents to community events and to the main streets along the Columbia River,” says Angie McKee, chorus team leader.
Women of all ages are invited to join the Christmas Chorus rehearsals Tuesday evenings at Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road, Hood River. There will be a $10 deposit for copies of the music, refundable when the music is returned.
If you love to sing, this is a great way to find out what Sweet Adelines is all about. For more information, call 509-493-2006 or 541-490-2481 or visit harmonyofthegorge.com.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge