Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The pageantry of Homecoming is back.
Events are happening all week at Hood River Valley High School and in town.
Homecoming football game versus Wilson on Friday at 7 p.m. features the coronation of the King and Queen.
Students will parade from the Heights to Jackson Park at 1 p.m. Friday, and the community is welcome to come watch both.
A major change this year is that Air Guitar is open to students and staff only.
Shawn Meyle’s multi-media classes will sell DVDs of this year’s Air Guitar performances for $10 at the football game. The DVD will include frosh, sophomore, junior, senior, and staff Air Guitar performances.
Also, the HRVHS yearbook staff will be selling the current (2012-13) yearbook as well as archived editions (1979-2012) during the football game. The 2013 books are $55; archived books (1929-2012) are $25 and supplies are limited.
More like this story
- With changes, ‘Relay For Life’ moves to marina
- Lipps resigns from CL Port
- Porch for July 2, 2016
- ‘We never cry over spilled wine’
- Tour mill and logging sites July 16
- The Ale List: Breweries wheel a tart pale collaboration
- Sports briefs for July 2, 2016
- Antique cars tour Historic Highway
- Entertainment update for July 2, 2016
- Letters to the Editor for July 2, 2017
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge