Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The pageantry of Homecoming is back.
Events are happening all week at Hood River Valley High School and in town.
Homecoming football game versus Wilson on Friday at 7 p.m. features the coronation of the King and Queen.
Students will parade from the Heights to Jackson Park at 1 p.m. Friday, and the community is welcome to come watch both.
A major change this year is that Air Guitar is open to students and staff only.
Shawn Meyle’s multi-media classes will sell DVDs of this year’s Air Guitar performances for $10 at the football game. The DVD will include frosh, sophomore, junior, senior, and staff Air Guitar performances.
Also, the HRVHS yearbook staff will be selling the current (2012-13) yearbook as well as archived editions (1979-2012) during the football game. The 2013 books are $55; archived books (1929-2012) are $25 and supplies are limited.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge