Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The pageantry of Homecoming is back.
Events are happening all week at Hood River Valley High School and in town.
Homecoming football game versus Wilson on Friday at 7 p.m. features the coronation of the King and Queen.
Students will parade from the Heights to Jackson Park at 1 p.m. Friday, and the community is welcome to come watch both.
A major change this year is that Air Guitar is open to students and staff only.
Shawn Meyle’s multi-media classes will sell DVDs of this year’s Air Guitar performances for $10 at the football game. The DVD will include frosh, sophomore, junior, senior, and staff Air Guitar performances.
Also, the HRVHS yearbook staff will be selling the current (2012-13) yearbook as well as archived editions (1979-2012) during the football game. The 2013 books are $55; archived books (1929-2012) are $25 and supplies are limited.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- HRVST Osprey swimmers post state-qualifying times at Howard Jones invitationals in Gresham
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge