Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The pageantry of Homecoming is back.
Events are happening all week at Hood River Valley High School and in town.
Homecoming football game versus Wilson on Friday at 7 p.m. features the coronation of the King and Queen.
Students will parade from the Heights to Jackson Park at 1 p.m. Friday, and the community is welcome to come watch both.
A major change this year is that Air Guitar is open to students and staff only.
Shawn Meyle’s multi-media classes will sell DVDs of this year’s Air Guitar performances for $10 at the football game. The DVD will include frosh, sophomore, junior, senior, and staff Air Guitar performances.
Also, the HRVHS yearbook staff will be selling the current (2012-13) yearbook as well as archived editions (1979-2012) during the football game. The 2013 books are $55; archived books (1929-2012) are $25 and supplies are limited.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge