Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The pageantry of Homecoming is back.
Events are happening all week at Hood River Valley High School and in town.
Homecoming football game versus Wilson on Friday at 7 p.m. features the coronation of the King and Queen.
Students will parade from the Heights to Jackson Park at 1 p.m. Friday, and the community is welcome to come watch both.
A major change this year is that Air Guitar is open to students and staff only.
Shawn Meyle’s multi-media classes will sell DVDs of this year’s Air Guitar performances for $10 at the football game. The DVD will include frosh, sophomore, junior, senior, and staff Air Guitar performances.
Also, the HRVHS yearbook staff will be selling the current (2012-13) yearbook as well as archived editions (1979-2012) during the football game. The 2013 books are $55; archived books (1929-2012) are $25 and supplies are limited.
More like this story
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
- Cougar Creek fire creeps north
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge