Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Below is a selection of upcoming fun runs scheduled for the Gorge area. Although not a definitive source, a good site for information on these and other runs is www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com.
n Oct. 5: 2 Dam Punks Run – 10K, Stabler, Wash., details at www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com/page38.php
n Oct. 6: Superhero Run – 3K, 5K, kids dash, The Dalles, 9 a.m. at Columbia Gorge Discovery Center.
n Oct. 12: Hope Run – 5K, 10K, The Dalles, register 8:30 a.m. at Kiwanis Pocket Park, Klindt Drive.
n Oct. 19: Maryhill Loops four-miler – Maryhill, Wash. Info at www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com
n Oct. 26: Pumpkin Run, North Bonneville, info at www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com/page30.php
n Oct. 27: Columbia Gorge Marathon & Half – Hood River, www.columbiagorgemarathon.com
n Nov. 2: Klickitat Half Marathon & 5K – www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com/page39.php
n Nov. 28: Mosier Twin Tunnels Turkey Trot, details to come at www.mosierschool.com.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge