Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Below is a selection of upcoming fun runs scheduled for the Gorge area. Although not a definitive source, a good site for information on these and other runs is www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com.
n Oct. 5: 2 Dam Punks Run – 10K, Stabler, Wash., details at www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com/page38.php
n Oct. 6: Superhero Run – 3K, 5K, kids dash, The Dalles, 9 a.m. at Columbia Gorge Discovery Center.
n Oct. 12: Hope Run – 5K, 10K, The Dalles, register 8:30 a.m. at Kiwanis Pocket Park, Klindt Drive.
n Oct. 19: Maryhill Loops four-miler – Maryhill, Wash. Info at www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com
n Oct. 26: Pumpkin Run, North Bonneville, info at www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com/page30.php
n Oct. 27: Columbia Gorge Marathon & Half – Hood River, www.columbiagorgemarathon.com
n Nov. 2: Klickitat Half Marathon & 5K – www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com/page39.php
n Nov. 28: Mosier Twin Tunnels Turkey Trot, details to come at www.mosierschool.com.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge