Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Village Singers will treat you to the music of Peter, Paul and Mary, The Seekers, New Christy Minstrels and the Kingston Trio in concert on Thursday, Oct. 10.
The three singers in the group were drawn together by a desire to preserve and share great folk music of the ‘60s and ‘70s.
The Mid-Columbia Community Concert Association brings this concert to The Dalles Civic Auditorium Theater. The opening curtain is at 7 p.m.
This is the second of six concerts for season ticket holders and for anyone wanting to see this concert. Individual $25 tickets may be purchased at the door, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and in The Dalles at Columbia River Music and Klindt’s Booksellers or online at midcolumbiacommunityconcerts.org. Come, step back a few decades and enjoy some fine folk music.
The next concert in the series is classical music from Hyperion Knight on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge