Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Village Singers will treat you to the music of Peter, Paul and Mary, The Seekers, New Christy Minstrels and the Kingston Trio in concert on Thursday, Oct. 10.
The three singers in the group were drawn together by a desire to preserve and share great folk music of the ‘60s and ‘70s.
The Mid-Columbia Community Concert Association brings this concert to The Dalles Civic Auditorium Theater. The opening curtain is at 7 p.m.
This is the second of six concerts for season ticket holders and for anyone wanting to see this concert. Individual $25 tickets may be purchased at the door, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and in The Dalles at Columbia River Music and Klindt’s Booksellers or online at midcolumbiacommunityconcerts.org. Come, step back a few decades and enjoy some fine folk music.
The next concert in the series is classical music from Hyperion Knight on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Death Notices for Sept. 19 edition: John Wishart, Linda Fowler, William Weis, James Clifton and Crisoforo Galvan-Herrera
- Service Announcement for Sept. 20 edition: Charles Hiatt
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
- Take precautions as air quality decreases
- ‘Conoce Tu Columbia’ launch party Sept. 19
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge