Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Village Singers will treat you to the music of Peter, Paul and Mary, The Seekers, New Christy Minstrels and the Kingston Trio in concert on Thursday, Oct. 10.
The three singers in the group were drawn together by a desire to preserve and share great folk music of the ‘60s and ‘70s.
The Mid-Columbia Community Concert Association brings this concert to The Dalles Civic Auditorium Theater. The opening curtain is at 7 p.m.
This is the second of six concerts for season ticket holders and for anyone wanting to see this concert. Individual $25 tickets may be purchased at the door, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and in The Dalles at Columbia River Music and Klindt’s Booksellers or online at midcolumbiacommunityconcerts.org. Come, step back a few decades and enjoy some fine folk music.
The next concert in the series is classical music from Hyperion Knight on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge