Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Village Singers will treat you to the music of Peter, Paul and Mary, The Seekers, New Christy Minstrels and the Kingston Trio in concert on Thursday, Oct. 10.
The three singers in the group were drawn together by a desire to preserve and share great folk music of the ‘60s and ‘70s.
The Mid-Columbia Community Concert Association brings this concert to The Dalles Civic Auditorium Theater. The opening curtain is at 7 p.m.
This is the second of six concerts for season ticket holders and for anyone wanting to see this concert. Individual $25 tickets may be purchased at the door, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and in The Dalles at Columbia River Music and Klindt’s Booksellers or online at midcolumbiacommunityconcerts.org. Come, step back a few decades and enjoy some fine folk music.
The next concert in the series is classical music from Hyperion Knight on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge