Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Village Singers will treat you to the music of Peter, Paul and Mary, The Seekers, New Christy Minstrels and the Kingston Trio in concert on Thursday, Oct. 10.
The three singers in the group were drawn together by a desire to preserve and share great folk music of the ‘60s and ‘70s.
The Mid-Columbia Community Concert Association brings this concert to The Dalles Civic Auditorium Theater. The opening curtain is at 7 p.m.
This is the second of six concerts for season ticket holders and for anyone wanting to see this concert. Individual $25 tickets may be purchased at the door, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and in The Dalles at Columbia River Music and Klindt’s Booksellers or online at midcolumbiacommunityconcerts.org. Come, step back a few decades and enjoy some fine folk music.
The next concert in the series is classical music from Hyperion Knight on Wednesday, Dec. 11, at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge