Saturday, October 5, 2013
Hood River Valley High School water polo picked up wins at home this week against teams from Sandy and Gresham.
Tuesday’s varsity game was a nail-biter that ended in overtime with HRV up 15-12. Stan Ochesky had seven goals in the game, Connor Dunn had four, Arthur Finstad had two and Myles Cameron and Russel Grim had one each. The JV played before varsity and won 6-2.
Thursday’s game was more one-sided, with HRV winning 16-6 against Sandy (6-0 JV). Freshman goalie Adam Cameron gets credit for keeping Sandy’s score low while Ochesky led again with six goals, Dunn with five, Cameron with two, Daniel Mears with two and William Lamer with one.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge