Saturday, October 5, 2013
Hood River Valley High School water polo picked up wins at home this week against teams from Sandy and Gresham.
Tuesday’s varsity game was a nail-biter that ended in overtime with HRV up 15-12. Stan Ochesky had seven goals in the game, Connor Dunn had four, Arthur Finstad had two and Myles Cameron and Russel Grim had one each. The JV played before varsity and won 6-2.
Thursday’s game was more one-sided, with HRV winning 16-6 against Sandy (6-0 JV). Freshman goalie Adam Cameron gets credit for keeping Sandy’s score low while Ochesky led again with six goals, Dunn with five, Cameron with two, Daniel Mears with two and William Lamer with one.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 29: Jennifer Ringlbauer and Bertha Gallagher
- Death notices for Oct. 29: Mary Hoyt and Manuel Zamudio
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge