Saturday, October 5, 2013
Hood River Valley High School water polo picked up wins at home this week against teams from Sandy and Gresham.
Tuesday’s varsity game was a nail-biter that ended in overtime with HRV up 15-12. Stan Ochesky had seven goals in the game, Connor Dunn had four, Arthur Finstad had two and Myles Cameron and Russel Grim had one each. The JV played before varsity and won 6-2.
Thursday’s game was more one-sided, with HRV winning 16-6 against Sandy (6-0 JV). Freshman goalie Adam Cameron gets credit for keeping Sandy’s score low while Ochesky led again with six goals, Dunn with five, Cameron with two, Daniel Mears with two and William Lamer with one.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge