Saturday, October 5, 2013
Hood River Valley High School water polo picked up wins at home this week against teams from Sandy and Gresham.
Tuesday’s varsity game was a nail-biter that ended in overtime with HRV up 15-12. Stan Ochesky had seven goals in the game, Connor Dunn had four, Arthur Finstad had two and Myles Cameron and Russel Grim had one each. The JV played before varsity and won 6-2.
Thursday’s game was more one-sided, with HRV winning 16-6 against Sandy (6-0 JV). Freshman goalie Adam Cameron gets credit for keeping Sandy’s score low while Ochesky led again with six goals, Dunn with five, Cameron with two, Daniel Mears with two and William Lamer with one.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge