Saturday, October 5, 2013
Hood River Valley High School water polo picked up wins at home this week against teams from Sandy and Gresham.
Tuesday’s varsity game was a nail-biter that ended in overtime with HRV up 15-12. Stan Ochesky had seven goals in the game, Connor Dunn had four, Arthur Finstad had two and Myles Cameron and Russel Grim had one each. The JV played before varsity and won 6-2.
Thursday’s game was more one-sided, with HRV winning 16-6 against Sandy (6-0 JV). Freshman goalie Adam Cameron gets credit for keeping Sandy’s score low while Ochesky led again with six goals, Dunn with five, Cameron with two, Daniel Mears with two and William Lamer with one.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge