Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Parents and caregivers along with their infants and toddlers are invited to a hands-on “Sign, Sing and Playtime” workshop at the White Salmon Valley Community Library on Tuesday, Oct. 15, from 10-11 a.m. The workshop, facilitated by author Dawn Prochovnic, incorporates American Sign Language into theme-oriented play activities. Sing songs, learn and review favorite signs, play and interact with your child.
Prochovnic is the author of “Story Time with Signs and Rhymes,” a collection of eight picture books that explore early childhood concepts such as colors, animals and “things that go” through lyrical language and ASL. Her programs are known for being lively and interactive.
Come prepared to learn and have fun! Prochovnic will be available after the program to answer questions and sign books.
For more information on the sign language workshop, or any other library programs or services, call 509-493-1132 or visit www.fvrl.org.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge