Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Parents and caregivers along with their infants and toddlers are invited to a hands-on “Sign, Sing and Playtime” workshop at the White Salmon Valley Community Library on Tuesday, Oct. 15, from 10-11 a.m. The workshop, facilitated by author Dawn Prochovnic, incorporates American Sign Language into theme-oriented play activities. Sing songs, learn and review favorite signs, play and interact with your child.
Prochovnic is the author of “Story Time with Signs and Rhymes,” a collection of eight picture books that explore early childhood concepts such as colors, animals and “things that go” through lyrical language and ASL. Her programs are known for being lively and interactive.
Come prepared to learn and have fun! Prochovnic will be available after the program to answer questions and sign books.
For more information on the sign language workshop, or any other library programs or services, call 509-493-1132 or visit www.fvrl.org.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge