Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Parents and caregivers along with their infants and toddlers are invited to a hands-on “Sign, Sing and Playtime” workshop at the White Salmon Valley Community Library on Tuesday, Oct. 15, from 10-11 a.m. The workshop, facilitated by author Dawn Prochovnic, incorporates American Sign Language into theme-oriented play activities. Sing songs, learn and review favorite signs, play and interact with your child.
Prochovnic is the author of “Story Time with Signs and Rhymes,” a collection of eight picture books that explore early childhood concepts such as colors, animals and “things that go” through lyrical language and ASL. Her programs are known for being lively and interactive.
Come prepared to learn and have fun! Prochovnic will be available after the program to answer questions and sign books.
For more information on the sign language workshop, or any other library programs or services, call 509-493-1132 or visit www.fvrl.org.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge