Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Parents and caregivers along with their infants and toddlers are invited to a hands-on “Sign, Sing and Playtime” workshop at the White Salmon Valley Community Library on Tuesday, Oct. 15, from 10-11 a.m. The workshop, facilitated by author Dawn Prochovnic, incorporates American Sign Language into theme-oriented play activities. Sing songs, learn and review favorite signs, play and interact with your child.
Prochovnic is the author of “Story Time with Signs and Rhymes,” a collection of eight picture books that explore early childhood concepts such as colors, animals and “things that go” through lyrical language and ASL. Her programs are known for being lively and interactive.
Come prepared to learn and have fun! Prochovnic will be available after the program to answer questions and sign books.
For more information on the sign language workshop, or any other library programs or services, call 509-493-1132 or visit www.fvrl.org.
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge