Wednesday, October 9, 2013
A Mount Hood teen who was reported missing nearly three weeks ago was found safe in northern California on Friday.
Elijah Lee, 14, was found in Shasta, Calif., on Oct. 4 after he reportedly ran away from home Sept. 16. according to Pete Hughes, public information officer for the Hood River County Sheriff’s Office A missing child report was filed by the boy’s mother, Hanni Church, with the sheriff’s office and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The two agencies worked together on the case.
Hughes said Lee, who is an eighth-grader at Wy’east Middle School in Odell, finally ended up calling Church, who drove approximately 400 miles down to Shasta to pick up her son. In an earlier story, Hughes reported that Lee possibly ran away from home due to a “family conflict,” but declined to go into detail. Church could not be reached for comment.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge