Wednesday, October 9, 2013
A Mount Hood teen who was reported missing nearly three weeks ago was found safe in northern California on Friday.
Elijah Lee, 14, was found in Shasta, Calif., on Oct. 4 after he reportedly ran away from home Sept. 16. according to Pete Hughes, public information officer for the Hood River County Sheriff’s Office A missing child report was filed by the boy’s mother, Hanni Church, with the sheriff’s office and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The two agencies worked together on the case.
Hughes said Lee, who is an eighth-grader at Wy’east Middle School in Odell, finally ended up calling Church, who drove approximately 400 miles down to Shasta to pick up her son. In an earlier story, Hughes reported that Lee possibly ran away from home due to a “family conflict,” but declined to go into detail. Church could not be reached for comment.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge