Wednesday, October 9, 2013
A Mount Hood teen who was reported missing nearly three weeks ago was found safe in northern California on Friday.
Elijah Lee, 14, was found in Shasta, Calif., on Oct. 4 after he reportedly ran away from home Sept. 16. according to Pete Hughes, public information officer for the Hood River County Sheriff’s Office A missing child report was filed by the boy’s mother, Hanni Church, with the sheriff’s office and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The two agencies worked together on the case.
Hughes said Lee, who is an eighth-grader at Wy’east Middle School in Odell, finally ended up calling Church, who drove approximately 400 miles down to Shasta to pick up her son. In an earlier story, Hughes reported that Lee possibly ran away from home due to a “family conflict,” but declined to go into detail. Church could not be reached for comment.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Dec. 2
- Death notices for Dec. 2
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge