Wednesday, October 9, 2013
A Mount Hood teen who was reported missing nearly three weeks ago was found safe in northern California on Friday.
Elijah Lee, 14, was found in Shasta, Calif., on Oct. 4 after he reportedly ran away from home Sept. 16. according to Pete Hughes, public information officer for the Hood River County Sheriff’s Office A missing child report was filed by the boy’s mother, Hanni Church, with the sheriff’s office and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The two agencies worked together on the case.
Hughes said Lee, who is an eighth-grader at Wy’east Middle School in Odell, finally ended up calling Church, who drove approximately 400 miles down to Shasta to pick up her son. In an earlier story, Hughes reported that Lee possibly ran away from home due to a “family conflict,” but declined to go into detail. Church could not be reached for comment.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill