Wednesday, October 9, 2013
A Mount Hood teen who was reported missing nearly three weeks ago was found safe in northern California on Friday.
Elijah Lee, 14, was found in Shasta, Calif., on Oct. 4 after he reportedly ran away from home Sept. 16. according to Pete Hughes, public information officer for the Hood River County Sheriff’s Office A missing child report was filed by the boy’s mother, Hanni Church, with the sheriff’s office and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The two agencies worked together on the case.
Hughes said Lee, who is an eighth-grader at Wy’east Middle School in Odell, finally ended up calling Church, who drove approximately 400 miles down to Shasta to pick up her son. In an earlier story, Hughes reported that Lee possibly ran away from home due to a “family conflict,” but declined to go into detail. Church could not be reached for comment.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge