Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Eric Hamada, who in March 2013 was awarded the first Callas Trust Flight Scholarship, has earned his private pilot certificate in just six months’ time.
Hamada, who soloed as a student pilot in August, soon afterward completed the requirements for the Private Pilot — Airplane Practical Test, which he took and passed in September. Hamada’s flight instructor was Lacey Wolf of Classic Wings Aero Services at the Ken Jernstedt Airfield.
The staff and volunteers at Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum and the trustees of the Callas Trust congratulate Eric on his achievement.
More like this story
- Summer fun: a look ahead
- Eagle Creek fire flares up
- The Fair has fun for all
- Church News for July 22
- Letters to the Editor for July 22
- 6 to Watch: Engage the city street safety survey
- Groups host July 26 forum on Westside Plan
- Hood River News earns ONPA awards
- Museum Tea was a family affair
- Sports briefs for July 22
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge