Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Eric Hamada, who in March 2013 was awarded the first Callas Trust Flight Scholarship, has earned his private pilot certificate in just six months’ time.
Hamada, who soloed as a student pilot in August, soon afterward completed the requirements for the Private Pilot — Airplane Practical Test, which he took and passed in September. Hamada’s flight instructor was Lacey Wolf of Classic Wings Aero Services at the Ken Jernstedt Airfield.
The staff and volunteers at Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum and the trustees of the Callas Trust congratulate Eric on his achievement.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge