Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Eric Hamada, who in March 2013 was awarded the first Callas Trust Flight Scholarship, has earned his private pilot certificate in just six months’ time.
Hamada, who soloed as a student pilot in August, soon afterward completed the requirements for the Private Pilot — Airplane Practical Test, which he took and passed in September. Hamada’s flight instructor was Lacey Wolf of Classic Wings Aero Services at the Ken Jernstedt Airfield.
The staff and volunteers at Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum and the trustees of the Callas Trust congratulate Eric on his achievement.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge