Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Eric Hamada, who in March 2013 was awarded the first Callas Trust Flight Scholarship, has earned his private pilot certificate in just six months’ time.
Hamada, who soloed as a student pilot in August, soon afterward completed the requirements for the Private Pilot — Airplane Practical Test, which he took and passed in September. Hamada’s flight instructor was Lacey Wolf of Classic Wings Aero Services at the Ken Jernstedt Airfield.
The staff and volunteers at Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum and the trustees of the Callas Trust congratulate Eric on his achievement.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge