Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Eric Hamada, who in March 2013 was awarded the first Callas Trust Flight Scholarship, has earned his private pilot certificate in just six months’ time.
Hamada, who soloed as a student pilot in August, soon afterward completed the requirements for the Private Pilot — Airplane Practical Test, which he took and passed in September. Hamada’s flight instructor was Lacey Wolf of Classic Wings Aero Services at the Ken Jernstedt Airfield.
The staff and volunteers at Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum and the trustees of the Callas Trust congratulate Eric on his achievement.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill