Saturday, October 12, 2013
Hood River physician Charlie Chambers, M.D., has joined the staff at Providence Women’s Clinic in its new location, 1151 May Street, Suite 201, in Hood River.
Chambers served the community in his own clinic until July 2013.
Robin Henson, M.D., medical director and physician at Providence Women’s Clinic, said, “We are excited to have Dr. Chambers join our team, as he expands our offerings in ultrasound, gynecological surgery and high-risk obstetrics. Many patients will no longer need to travel out of the area for these specialized services.”
Henson and her original partner, Elaine Adsit, M.D., have served Providence Women’s Clinic patients for seven years. “Because of high demand for additional access and services,” Henson said, “we were thrilled to recruit Cara Streit, M.D., last year with her expertise in complex women’s surgery cases.” Henson and her staff then added midwife, Michelle Bouche, NP, CNM, to enhance the spectrum of choices for patients. “We’ve come full circle with Dr. Chambers joining us this year.”
We feel we’ve created a comprehensive team ready to serve women in the Gorge” said Dr. Henson.
Chambers said he agrees with the philosophy of the women’s clinic staff and has always seen his role as an advocate for his patients.
“I like to explain and educate in terms everyone can understand,” he said. “I believe that helps me engage my patients as participants in their health care.”
“Charlie’s patients just love him,” added Henson, “and he is a highly respected participant in our medical community.”
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge