Saturday, October 12, 2013
Hood River physician Charlie Chambers, M.D., has joined the staff at Providence Women’s Clinic in its new location, 1151 May Street, Suite 201, in Hood River.
Chambers served the community in his own clinic until July 2013.
Robin Henson, M.D., medical director and physician at Providence Women’s Clinic, said, “We are excited to have Dr. Chambers join our team, as he expands our offerings in ultrasound, gynecological surgery and high-risk obstetrics. Many patients will no longer need to travel out of the area for these specialized services.”
Henson and her original partner, Elaine Adsit, M.D., have served Providence Women’s Clinic patients for seven years. “Because of high demand for additional access and services,” Henson said, “we were thrilled to recruit Cara Streit, M.D., last year with her expertise in complex women’s surgery cases.” Henson and her staff then added midwife, Michelle Bouche, NP, CNM, to enhance the spectrum of choices for patients. “We’ve come full circle with Dr. Chambers joining us this year.”
We feel we’ve created a comprehensive team ready to serve women in the Gorge” said Dr. Henson.
Chambers said he agrees with the philosophy of the women’s clinic staff and has always seen his role as an advocate for his patients.
“I like to explain and educate in terms everyone can understand,” he said. “I believe that helps me engage my patients as participants in their health care.”
“Charlie’s patients just love him,” added Henson, “and he is a highly respected participant in our medical community.”
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge