Saturday, October 12, 2013
Hood River physician Charlie Chambers, M.D., has joined the staff at Providence Women’s Clinic in its new location, 1151 May Street, Suite 201, in Hood River.
Chambers served the community in his own clinic until July 2013.
Robin Henson, M.D., medical director and physician at Providence Women’s Clinic, said, “We are excited to have Dr. Chambers join our team, as he expands our offerings in ultrasound, gynecological surgery and high-risk obstetrics. Many patients will no longer need to travel out of the area for these specialized services.”
Henson and her original partner, Elaine Adsit, M.D., have served Providence Women’s Clinic patients for seven years. “Because of high demand for additional access and services,” Henson said, “we were thrilled to recruit Cara Streit, M.D., last year with her expertise in complex women’s surgery cases.” Henson and her staff then added midwife, Michelle Bouche, NP, CNM, to enhance the spectrum of choices for patients. “We’ve come full circle with Dr. Chambers joining us this year.”
We feel we’ve created a comprehensive team ready to serve women in the Gorge” said Dr. Henson.
Chambers said he agrees with the philosophy of the women’s clinic staff and has always seen his role as an advocate for his patients.
“I like to explain and educate in terms everyone can understand,” he said. “I believe that helps me engage my patients as participants in their health care.”
“Charlie’s patients just love him,” added Henson, “and he is a highly respected participant in our medical community.”
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge