Saturday, October 12, 2013
“Wild,” a new movie staring Reese Witherspoon, should be ready to film scenes in Cascade Locks in early November.
An October time frame was reported earlier in the News.
According to social media reports, the movie crew is busy filming in Eastern Oregon and will be in Ashland on Oct. 22.
“Wild” is based on the book by Cheryl Strayed, who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail. Strayed is traveling with the film crew helping with the production, and Witherspoon is playing the lead role.
Scenes in Cascade Locks will feature the East Wind Drive In restaurant.
Fox Searchlight Pictures says the movie “powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddens, strengthens, and ultimately heals her.”
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge