Saturday, October 12, 2013
“Wild,” a new movie staring Reese Witherspoon, should be ready to film scenes in Cascade Locks in early November.
An October time frame was reported earlier in the News.
According to social media reports, the movie crew is busy filming in Eastern Oregon and will be in Ashland on Oct. 22.
“Wild” is based on the book by Cheryl Strayed, who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail. Strayed is traveling with the film crew helping with the production, and Witherspoon is playing the lead role.
Scenes in Cascade Locks will feature the East Wind Drive In restaurant.
Fox Searchlight Pictures says the movie “powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddens, strengthens, and ultimately heals her.”
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge