Saturday, October 12, 2013
“Wild,” a new movie staring Reese Witherspoon, should be ready to film scenes in Cascade Locks in early November.
An October time frame was reported earlier in the News.
According to social media reports, the movie crew is busy filming in Eastern Oregon and will be in Ashland on Oct. 22.
“Wild” is based on the book by Cheryl Strayed, who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail. Strayed is traveling with the film crew helping with the production, and Witherspoon is playing the lead role.
Scenes in Cascade Locks will feature the East Wind Drive In restaurant.
Fox Searchlight Pictures says the movie “powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddens, strengthens, and ultimately heals her.”
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge