Saturday, October 12, 2013
“Wild,” a new movie staring Reese Witherspoon, should be ready to film scenes in Cascade Locks in early November.
An October time frame was reported earlier in the News.
According to social media reports, the movie crew is busy filming in Eastern Oregon and will be in Ashland on Oct. 22.
“Wild” is based on the book by Cheryl Strayed, who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail. Strayed is traveling with the film crew helping with the production, and Witherspoon is playing the lead role.
Scenes in Cascade Locks will feature the East Wind Drive In restaurant.
Fox Searchlight Pictures says the movie “powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddens, strengthens, and ultimately heals her.”
More like this story
- Service Annoucement for July 30: Del Gierke
- Death Notice for July 30: James Perry
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge