Saturday, October 12, 2013
“Wild,” a new movie staring Reese Witherspoon, should be ready to film scenes in Cascade Locks in early November.
An October time frame was reported earlier in the News.
According to social media reports, the movie crew is busy filming in Eastern Oregon and will be in Ashland on Oct. 22.
“Wild” is based on the book by Cheryl Strayed, who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail. Strayed is traveling with the film crew helping with the production, and Witherspoon is playing the lead role.
Scenes in Cascade Locks will feature the East Wind Drive In restaurant.
Fox Searchlight Pictures says the movie “powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddens, strengthens, and ultimately heals her.”
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events