Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Country Financial recently donated $1,000 to Hope Unlimited in honor of Keith Howell of Hood River.
Steve Denault, Country executive vice president of corporate services, said “Country was founded on the principle of people helping people. Keith’s volunteerism is an inspiring example of how our people work to strengthen their communities.”
Howell was honored with the organization’s Community Service Award, a distinction created to recognize volunteers who go above and beyond in their volunteer activities. Hope Unlimited provides weekend camps called Teen Reach Adventure Camps for abused, abandoned and neglected teens ages 12-15.
For the past five years Howell has been an assistant director at his local camp in Hood River. He spends hours training new staff, setting up the camp and working hands-on with the children. He works to see that foster kids recover from abuse, abandonment and neglect as they grow.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge