Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Country Financial recently donated $1,000 to Hope Unlimited in honor of Keith Howell of Hood River.
Steve Denault, Country executive vice president of corporate services, said “Country was founded on the principle of people helping people. Keith’s volunteerism is an inspiring example of how our people work to strengthen their communities.”
Howell was honored with the organization’s Community Service Award, a distinction created to recognize volunteers who go above and beyond in their volunteer activities. Hope Unlimited provides weekend camps called Teen Reach Adventure Camps for abused, abandoned and neglected teens ages 12-15.
For the past five years Howell has been an assistant director at his local camp in Hood River. He spends hours training new staff, setting up the camp and working hands-on with the children. He works to see that foster kids recover from abuse, abandonment and neglect as they grow.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge