Saturday, October 19, 2013
Immanuel Lutheran Church will host “Martin: a Life of Martin Luther,” a live and original one-man portrayal written and performed by actor Allan Lemke. The community is invited, at 3 p.m. Oct. 27. The church is located at 9th and State streets.
“Martin” recounts the life of Martin Luther, the great reformer of the church in the 1500s. A & E, Time and Life all ranked Martin Luther the third most influential person of the previous millennium.
The one-man portrayal runs approximately one hour and ten minutes including a 10-minute intermission. “Martin” has been performed to wide acceptance in churches in 23 states nationwide. A pastor commented, “What I liked about it was that I seemed to see Luther up there, not Allan Lemke.”
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge