Saturday, October 19, 2013
Immanuel Lutheran Church will host “Martin: a Life of Martin Luther,” a live and original one-man portrayal written and performed by actor Allan Lemke. The community is invited, at 3 p.m. Oct. 27. The church is located at 9th and State streets.
“Martin” recounts the life of Martin Luther, the great reformer of the church in the 1500s. A & E, Time and Life all ranked Martin Luther the third most influential person of the previous millennium.
The one-man portrayal runs approximately one hour and ten minutes including a 10-minute intermission. “Martin” has been performed to wide acceptance in churches in 23 states nationwide. A pastor commented, “What I liked about it was that I seemed to see Luther up there, not Allan Lemke.”
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge