Saturday, October 19, 2013
Immanuel Lutheran Church will host “Martin: a Life of Martin Luther,” a live and original one-man portrayal written and performed by actor Allan Lemke. The community is invited, at 3 p.m. Oct. 27. The church is located at 9th and State streets.
“Martin” recounts the life of Martin Luther, the great reformer of the church in the 1500s. A & E, Time and Life all ranked Martin Luther the third most influential person of the previous millennium.
The one-man portrayal runs approximately one hour and ten minutes including a 10-minute intermission. “Martin” has been performed to wide acceptance in churches in 23 states nationwide. A pastor commented, “What I liked about it was that I seemed to see Luther up there, not Allan Lemke.”
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016