Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Delores Diane Cooper, 55, passed away Oct. 18, 2013, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital in Hood River, Ore. Delores was born Jan. 23, 1958.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Ray Quincy Roark passed away Oct. 18, 2013. He was born Feb. 17, 1919, in Shouns, Tenn., to Samuel and Naomia Roark, and settled in Parkdale, Ore., after serving in the army during World War II.
Funeral services will be held at Faith Chapel North in Cantonment, Fla., followed by a graveside service at Barrancas National Cemetery with military honors by the U.S. Army Honor Guard.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge