Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Delores Diane Cooper, 55, passed away Oct. 18, 2013, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital in Hood River, Ore. Delores was born Jan. 23, 1958.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Ray Quincy Roark passed away Oct. 18, 2013. He was born Feb. 17, 1919, in Shouns, Tenn., to Samuel and Naomia Roark, and settled in Parkdale, Ore., after serving in the army during World War II.
Funeral services will be held at Faith Chapel North in Cantonment, Fla., followed by a graveside service at Barrancas National Cemetery with military honors by the U.S. Army Honor Guard.
More like this story
- Death announcement for May 23: Anna Olson
- Hood River Valley wins 5A boys track title
- Water bottling ban passes, legal questions remain
- Murder suspect bails out, gets jailed again
- On the Marks: Dist. 52 candidates talk next moves
- Women pastors lead all three UCC congregations in the Gorge
- Fresh Start Culinary Arts seeks applicants for summer
- ‘Reimagine Education’ community forum happens May 26
- Entertainment update
- Letters to the editor
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge