Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Delores Diane Cooper, 55, passed away Oct. 18, 2013, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital in Hood River, Ore. Delores was born Jan. 23, 1958.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Ray Quincy Roark passed away Oct. 18, 2013. He was born Feb. 17, 1919, in Shouns, Tenn., to Samuel and Naomia Roark, and settled in Parkdale, Ore., after serving in the army during World War II.
Funeral services will be held at Faith Chapel North in Cantonment, Fla., followed by a graveside service at Barrancas National Cemetery with military honors by the U.S. Army Honor Guard.
More like this story
- Hood River County Reads celebrates its 10th anniversary — 11 years in
- Little free library idea
- Art of Community adds Soderberg-Greene work
- Bike Buddies reports successful weekend event
- Lion King Jr. comes to Wy'east Middle School
- YESTERYEARS: New skate park in planning stages in 1996
- Aubree Olmstead heads Columbia Basin facility
- Heart of Hospice notes Volunteer Appreciation Week
- County sets temporary rules on marijuana grows
- Puff Factory to break ground in Odell
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge