Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Harmony of the Gorge Chorus’ annual show is Saturday at Columbia Center for the Arts in downtown Hood River.
The story takes place backstage in New York with a group of talented women who have spent years working to get their names up in lights. Songs include favorite Broadway numbers to go with the playful story.
Shows are 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Two popular barbershop quartets from Portland will also perform “Stardust,” a Sweet Adelines quartet, has been performing and competing throughout the Northwest for several years. “CODA” was formed in spring 2013 and in just a few months won the men’s Evergreen Division IV Quartet Championship.
There are two shows on Saturday: The matinee starts at Doors open 30 minutes before show time.
Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and $8 for students under 12 years. Tickets are at Postal Connections in White Salmon, Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, and at the door.
More like this story
- Sports Briefs for July 27
- Service announcements for July 27: Ada Redlock, Douglas Warnock, Betty Akiyama and Virginia Phillips
- Death notice for July 27: Scott Bauer
- Peters and Lassila engaged
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge