Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Harmony of the Gorge Chorus’ annual show is Saturday at Columbia Center for the Arts in downtown Hood River.
The story takes place backstage in New York with a group of talented women who have spent years working to get their names up in lights. Songs include favorite Broadway numbers to go with the playful story.
Shows are 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Two popular barbershop quartets from Portland will also perform “Stardust,” a Sweet Adelines quartet, has been performing and competing throughout the Northwest for several years. “CODA” was formed in spring 2013 and in just a few months won the men’s Evergreen Division IV Quartet Championship.
There are two shows on Saturday: The matinee starts at Doors open 30 minutes before show time.
Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and $8 for students under 12 years. Tickets are at Postal Connections in White Salmon, Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, and at the door.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge