Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Harmony of the Gorge Chorus’ annual show is Saturday at Columbia Center for the Arts in downtown Hood River.
The story takes place backstage in New York with a group of talented women who have spent years working to get their names up in lights. Songs include favorite Broadway numbers to go with the playful story.
Shows are 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Two popular barbershop quartets from Portland will also perform “Stardust,” a Sweet Adelines quartet, has been performing and competing throughout the Northwest for several years. “CODA” was formed in spring 2013 and in just a few months won the men’s Evergreen Division IV Quartet Championship.
There are two shows on Saturday: The matinee starts at Doors open 30 minutes before show time.
Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and $8 for students under 12 years. Tickets are at Postal Connections in White Salmon, Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, and at the door.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge