Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Harmony of the Gorge Chorus’ annual show is Saturday at Columbia Center for the Arts in downtown Hood River.
The story takes place backstage in New York with a group of talented women who have spent years working to get their names up in lights. Songs include favorite Broadway numbers to go with the playful story.
Shows are 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Two popular barbershop quartets from Portland will also perform “Stardust,” a Sweet Adelines quartet, has been performing and competing throughout the Northwest for several years. “CODA” was formed in spring 2013 and in just a few months won the men’s Evergreen Division IV Quartet Championship.
There are two shows on Saturday: The matinee starts at Doors open 30 minutes before show time.
Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and $8 for students under 12 years. Tickets are at Postal Connections in White Salmon, Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, and at the door.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control