Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Harmony of the Gorge Chorus’ annual show is Saturday at Columbia Center for the Arts in downtown Hood River.
The story takes place backstage in New York with a group of talented women who have spent years working to get their names up in lights. Songs include favorite Broadway numbers to go with the playful story.
Shows are 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Two popular barbershop quartets from Portland will also perform “Stardust,” a Sweet Adelines quartet, has been performing and competing throughout the Northwest for several years. “CODA” was formed in spring 2013 and in just a few months won the men’s Evergreen Division IV Quartet Championship.
There are two shows on Saturday: The matinee starts at Doors open 30 minutes before show time.
Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and $8 for students under 12 years. Tickets are at Postal Connections in White Salmon, Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles, Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River, and at the door.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge