Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Local artists and authors do their part to fight hunger Sunday in a special show at Mt. Hood Winery.
“Art in the Afternoon” brings artwork and books together in a fundraiser for FISH Food Bank, from 2 to 5 p.m. Mt. Hood Winery is located on Van Horn Drive in Pine Grove.
Admission is free. Artists and authors will donate a portion of their proceeds to FISH, which works to reduce hunger in the valley by providing food to the underprivileged through food banks in Hood River, Odell, Parkdale and Cascade Locks. FISH is an all-volunteer organization. Ten local churches take turns opening the food bank each week providing groceries to those in need of one-time emergency or occasional food assistance.
Art in the Afternoon is organized by the FISH Fundraising Committee.
Featured artists will include Nicholas Bielemeier, Leah Hedberg, John Clement, Sally Bills Bailey, Elizabeth Anderson, Elizabeth See, Peter Rousell, Sarah Chenoweth-Davis, Pamela Gordon, Jan Byrkit, Charlene Fort, Brad Lorang, and The Fruit Company.
The event will display photography, paintings, pottery, jewelry, fabric art, blown glass, metal work, and fruit box art, as well as local authors who will be signing their books.
Classical guitarist Andreas Ehrlich will be accompanying “Art in the Afternoon.”
Authors include Teri Brown, “Born of Illusion” (young adult book) and “The Summerset Abbey Trilogy”; Elaine Busby, “On the Rocks”; Craig Danner, “Last Summer I Went Swimming”; Deborah Langlois, “The Witch’s Stew,” a Soup and Stew Cookbook; Peter Marbach, Columbia Gorge National Scenic Area and Hood River photo books; Erin O’Connell, “Loowit’s Legend” (children’s picture book); Joe O’Neill, “Rebels of the Kasbah” and “Wrath of the Caid” (children’s novels); and Barry Lamont, “The Things I Meant To Say.”
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge