Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Hood River County Christmas Project Coordinator Bruce Holmson has announced registration dates for the upcoming 2013 holiday season.
The Christmas Project is available to Hood River County families meeting State of Oregon Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program standards (previously known as the food stamps), although they do not need to be presently receiving SNAP benefits.
Families wishing to apply will need to bring proof of income and residency. Eligible children in the family must be living at home.
In Hood River, applications will be taken at the Oregon Department of Human Services, 1610 Ninth Court, on the Heights off of Pacific Avenue, Fridays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 8, 15 and 22 and Dec. 6, and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 9, 16, 23 and Dec. 7.
Applications will also be accepted later in November in Parkdale, Odell and Cascade Locks.
See future editions for full details.
As always, the committee is looking for new people to help with family registration and directing or participating in various aspects of the project.
If you feel you would like more information on how to get involved or sponsor a needy family, call Kym Zanmiller at 541-386-5153 or visit hoodrivercountychristmasproject.com.
More like this story
- Appeals Court court affirms Hood River denial of Walmart expansion
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge