Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Hood River County Christmas Project Coordinator Bruce Holmson has announced registration dates for the upcoming 2013 holiday season.
The Christmas Project is available to Hood River County families meeting State of Oregon Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program standards (previously known as the food stamps), although they do not need to be presently receiving SNAP benefits.
Families wishing to apply will need to bring proof of income and residency. Eligible children in the family must be living at home.
In Hood River, applications will be taken at the Oregon Department of Human Services, 1610 Ninth Court, on the Heights off of Pacific Avenue, Fridays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 8, 15 and 22 and Dec. 6, and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 9, 16, 23 and Dec. 7.
Applications will also be accepted later in November in Parkdale, Odell and Cascade Locks.
See future editions for full details.
As always, the committee is looking for new people to help with family registration and directing or participating in various aspects of the project.
If you feel you would like more information on how to get involved or sponsor a needy family, call Kym Zanmiller at 541-386-5153 or visit hoodrivercountychristmasproject.com.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge