Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Hood River County Christmas Project Coordinator Bruce Holmson has announced registration dates for the upcoming 2013 holiday season.
The Christmas Project is available to Hood River County families meeting State of Oregon Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program standards (previously known as the food stamps), although they do not need to be presently receiving SNAP benefits.
Families wishing to apply will need to bring proof of income and residency. Eligible children in the family must be living at home.
In Hood River, applications will be taken at the Oregon Department of Human Services, 1610 Ninth Court, on the Heights off of Pacific Avenue, Fridays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 8, 15 and 22 and Dec. 6, and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 9, 16, 23 and Dec. 7.
Applications will also be accepted later in November in Parkdale, Odell and Cascade Locks.
See future editions for full details.
As always, the committee is looking for new people to help with family registration and directing or participating in various aspects of the project.
If you feel you would like more information on how to get involved or sponsor a needy family, call Kym Zanmiller at 541-386-5153 or visit hoodrivercountychristmasproject.com.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge