Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Hood River County Christmas Project Coordinator Bruce Holmson has announced registration dates for the upcoming 2013 holiday season.
The Christmas Project is available to Hood River County families meeting State of Oregon Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program standards (previously known as the food stamps), although they do not need to be presently receiving SNAP benefits.
Families wishing to apply will need to bring proof of income and residency. Eligible children in the family must be living at home.
In Hood River, applications will be taken at the Oregon Department of Human Services, 1610 Ninth Court, on the Heights off of Pacific Avenue, Fridays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 8, 15 and 22 and Dec. 6, and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 9, 16, 23 and Dec. 7.
Applications will also be accepted later in November in Parkdale, Odell and Cascade Locks.
See future editions for full details.
As always, the committee is looking for new people to help with family registration and directing or participating in various aspects of the project.
If you feel you would like more information on how to get involved or sponsor a needy family, call Kym Zanmiller at 541-386-5153 or visit hoodrivercountychristmasproject.com.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge