Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Hood River County Health Department hosts flu shot clinics over the next week in Cascade Locks, Hood River, Parkdale and Odell.
Here are the dates and locations:
n Oct. 23, Cascade Locks Community Health Clinic (at Cascade Locks School) 1 to 4 p.m.
n Oct. 24, River of Life Assembly Church (Eliot Drive near Tucker Road), 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
n Oct. 24, Odell Community Health Clinic (in Mid Valley Elementary), 1 to 5:30 p.m.
n Oct. 28, Parkdale Fire Department, Baseline Road, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
If you are insured bring your insurance card for billing.
Uninsured fee at public clinics only will be $15 for flu vaccine or FluMist.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge