Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Harvest Festival 2013
Large crowds of people having fun. Sometimes a few words sum up a many-faceted thing such as Harvest Weekend, when Gorge Fruit and Craft Fair fills the buildings at Hood River County Fairgrounds and Hood River Harvest Festival packs the Event Site and Lot 1.
Large crowds of people having fun.
Sometimes a few words sum up a many-faceted thing such as Harvest Weekend, when Gorge Fruit and Craft Fair fills the buildings at Hood River County Fairgrounds and Hood River Harvest Festival packs the Event Site and Lot 1.
Hood River News sent seven people to both events Friday through Sunday to capture, in words and pictures, the many flavors of the Festival and Fair. (The sampler continues to page B2.)
Meanwhile, what’s next in the orchards of Hood River valley?
The Hood River County Fruit Loop Heirloom Apple Celebration takes place Saturday and Sunday, and honors apples now known as “heirloom” or “classic” varieties, which can trace their heritage back 100 years or more.
Highlights include perry (pear) and apple ciders available at numerous locations, including Hood River Vineyards on the west side of the valley, and the annual Edelweiss Day at Mountain View Orchards and Fruit Stand near Parkdale on Oct. 26, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., celebrating the Swiss heritage of the farm.
— Kirby Neumann-Rea
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge