Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Hood River Valley High School water polo played a tough David Douglas squad last Tuesday evening in a home game at the Hood River Aquatic Center. After a 3-1 junior varsity win, the varsity squad hung tough against a faster and more experienced team to finish with a 25-15 loss. Stan Ochesky had six goals for HRV, followed by Connor Dunn with three, and Russel Grim, Myles Cameron and Arthur Finstad with two each. William Lamer, Blake Winner and Lewie Taylor scored once each in the JV win.
The team moved on to play Barlow last Thursday, with the JV squad winning 8-4 and the varsity team falling 16-4. Dunn had three goals and Finstad had one in the varsity effort while Adam Cameron, Lewie Taylor, Trey Schilling and Grim all scored in the JV game.
The HRV team hosted its last home game of the season Tuesday against Parkrose. Results weren’t available as of press time for this issue. The game was anticipated to be hard-fought contest between the Mt. Hood Conference’s fourth- and fifth-place teams, both of whom are battling for playoff positions as district tournament approaches.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge