Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Hood River Valley High School water polo played a tough David Douglas squad last Tuesday evening in a home game at the Hood River Aquatic Center. After a 3-1 junior varsity win, the varsity squad hung tough against a faster and more experienced team to finish with a 25-15 loss. Stan Ochesky had six goals for HRV, followed by Connor Dunn with three, and Russel Grim, Myles Cameron and Arthur Finstad with two each. William Lamer, Blake Winner and Lewie Taylor scored once each in the JV win.
The team moved on to play Barlow last Thursday, with the JV squad winning 8-4 and the varsity team falling 16-4. Dunn had three goals and Finstad had one in the varsity effort while Adam Cameron, Lewie Taylor, Trey Schilling and Grim all scored in the JV game.
The HRV team hosted its last home game of the season Tuesday against Parkrose. Results weren’t available as of press time for this issue. The game was anticipated to be hard-fought contest between the Mt. Hood Conference’s fourth- and fifth-place teams, both of whom are battling for playoff positions as district tournament approaches.
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- Bridge of the Gods local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge