Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Hood River Valley High School water polo played a tough David Douglas squad last Tuesday evening in a home game at the Hood River Aquatic Center. After a 3-1 junior varsity win, the varsity squad hung tough against a faster and more experienced team to finish with a 25-15 loss. Stan Ochesky had six goals for HRV, followed by Connor Dunn with three, and Russel Grim, Myles Cameron and Arthur Finstad with two each. William Lamer, Blake Winner and Lewie Taylor scored once each in the JV win.
The team moved on to play Barlow last Thursday, with the JV squad winning 8-4 and the varsity team falling 16-4. Dunn had three goals and Finstad had one in the varsity effort while Adam Cameron, Lewie Taylor, Trey Schilling and Grim all scored in the JV game.
The HRV team hosted its last home game of the season Tuesday against Parkrose. Results weren’t available as of press time for this issue. The game was anticipated to be hard-fought contest between the Mt. Hood Conference’s fourth- and fifth-place teams, both of whom are battling for playoff positions as district tournament approaches.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge