Wednesday, October 23, 2013
The Oregon Farm Bureau Women’s Advisory Council invites the Oregon agriculture community to attend an upcoming workshop, “Planning for the Four Seasons of a Farm’s Legacy: birth, growth, retirement, succession,” set for Nov. 3-4 at the Best Western Mill Creek Inn in Salem.
The event will focus on succession planning, an issue that impacts almost every farming and ranching family. The $5-per-day fee includes meals. Attendees have the option of attending one or both days of the workshop.
On Nov. 4, keynote speaker Rod Sharp, an agriculture economist with Colorado State University Extension Service, will present “A Lasting Legacy,” focusing on practical, easy-to-use strategies to help families plan for a smooth transition of the farm from one generation to the next.
Farm Bureau leaders and special guests will present additional topics, including how to share agriculture’s story with the public, effective grassroots activism through Farm Bureau, an overview of the Oregon Legislative Information System and essential updates to CPR training.
For more information or to register, visit oregonfb.org/fourseasons or contact Tiffany Niño at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-399-1701.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge