Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Parkdale Pumpkin Fun Run/Walk from the Parkdale PTO returns Saturday, along with the annual Pumpkin Parade.
On Saturday, Oct. 26, before the Pumpkin Parade, the 5K/10K fun run/walk will start and end from Rails End Park on the corner of Baseline and Clear Creek roads in Parkdale with the run beginning at 10:30 a.m.
The parade will begin at 11:30 a.m.
Everyone wanting to participate by walking or riding in a float in the parade is asked to be at the Public Works parking lot on the corner of Allen and Baseline Roads in Parkdale by 11 a.m.
Costumes for the race are not required, but are encouraged and each child participant wins a prize.
Registration is now open for the race and forms are available at the Parkdale Elementary School office or by going to www.active.com.
The entrance fee for the 5K/10K run is $15 per person with a 9 a.m. check-in time and start time of 9:30 a.m.
The 1K entrance fees are $5 per person with a 10 a.m. check-in time and a start time of 10:30 a.m.
All proceeds from the event will go to the Parkdale PTO to sponsor extra academic and fitness programs for students.
A Parkdale Elementary “runners” float will be available at the finish line to transport those who want to participate in the Pumpkin Parade to the start of the parade route.
For more information contact Sarah Wilson at 503-819-4092.
Mid Valley Elementary School’s PTO is hosting its sixth-annual Harvest Hustle fun run on Saturday, Oct. 26. The 5K and 10K runs/walks will begin at 9:30 a.m. There will be a free kids run with Principal Dennis McCauley beginning at 9 a.m.
The cost is $10 when pre-registered and $15 for day-of entries. Registration forms are available at Mid Valley Elementary or by emailing Mikka Irusta at mikka.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge