Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Help is needed hosting the upcoming robotics tournaments in Hood River on Dec. 14-15 for students age 9-14 and on Jan. 11 for older students.
No experience is necessary “and you do not need to be a technology geek,” said HRVHS robotics advisor Jeff Blackman.
Each event requires between 35-60 volunteers.
“These are great events for the students; think of it as sports for the brain,” Blackman said.
If you can help, contact Blackman at jeff.blackman
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge