Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Help is needed hosting the upcoming robotics tournaments in Hood River on Dec. 14-15 for students age 9-14 and on Jan. 11 for older students.
No experience is necessary “and you do not need to be a technology geek,” said HRVHS robotics advisor Jeff Blackman.
Each event requires between 35-60 volunteers.
“These are great events for the students; think of it as sports for the brain,” Blackman said.
If you can help, contact Blackman at jeff.blackman
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge