Saturday, October 26, 2013
Chelsea Marr, a veteran of The Dalles Chronicle advertising staff, has been hired as general manager of the Hood River News.
Marr will be responsible for day-to-day operations, as Publisher Joe Petshow assumes additional responsibilities as president of Eagle Newspapers Inc. in January.
“Chelsea is going to make a good team here even better,” Petshow said. “She’s played a big role in the Chronicle’s success over the years.”
Marr said she is pleased about the opportunities to be more involved in newspaper publishing.
“People ask me what I like about the newspaper and the first thing that comes to mind is that it is never boring,” she said. “I like to be busy and this keeps me so!
“I work with a talented group of people in the business and I enjoy making community connections; we have the ability to make a difference. A variety of media resources are available, yet we remain the most trusted source for news, information and advertising.”
Chelsea and her husband, Dan, settled in Underwood, Wash., 19 years ago, when she began selling advertising at The Dalles Chronicle. Her husband works in construction, and designed and built their home. They are parents of a 7-year-old son, Wyatt. He has a trusted companion, their beloved and aging black lab mix, Oliver.
Marr grew up in Hailey, Idaho, near the resort town of Sun Valley. Her winters were spent skiing and summers horseback riding and camping.
She received a degree in business marketing from University of Nevada-Las Vegas.
“The Red Rock mountains of Las Vegas are outstanding and you can’t compete with the 24-hour entertainment, but I longed for the smaller-town atmosphere I came from with the four-season weather and ski mountains.”
Dan’s sister had been coming to the Gorge for some time and invited them out for a visit.
“After a month-long stay we were hooked,” she says, “and made the decision to settle here.”
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge