Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Candy Lee (Olsen) Robideau passed away Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013, at the Hood River Care Center in Hood River, Ore. She was born July 13, 1957, in Portland, Ore., to Joseph and Dorothy Olsen.
A private family memorial is planned for Nov. 9. (If you’d like to attend or have questions, contact Dorothy Olsen at 541-298-2030.)
Arrangements are under the direction of Crown Memorial Center, 832 N.E. Broadway, Portland, OR 97232; 503-783-3393.
More like this story
- Death Notices for April 16: Dorothy Kurbanick and Madison Garland-Funderburgh
- Death Announcements for May 13: Connie Adams, Leroy Patton, Barry Coleman, Dorothy Kent, Robert Murray, and Richard Kahler, Sr.
- Service announcements for June 20
- Death Notices for April 2: Dorothy Sinclaire, Cosmo Del Carpine
- Obituaries 9/19
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
- An early exit for HRV boys lax, but not a disappointment
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge