Wednesday, October 30, 2013
The 17th annual Gala Fashion Show to benefit the Hood River County Christmas Project will be held Friday, Nov. 15, at the Best Western Hood River Inn. Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the event begins at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $20 and are available at participating merchants:
Flow Yoga, Lucy’s Informal Flowers, Foundation 45, 5th Element Salon, Plenty, Doug’s Sports, Ruddy Duck, Ananas Boutique, Foils Salon & Day Spa, Parts+Labour, Melika, Columbia Laser Skin Center, Salon Visio, bunny+pear, Zella, Dream Street, Up Front Hair/Skin, Hood River Valley High School Fashion Club, Future Fashionistas
Find updates on the event on Facebook at Facebook.com/Galafashionshow.
Sponsors include Insitu, Dakine and Pistil.
The Hood River County Christmas Project provides assistance with food and children’s gifts during the holidays to low-income families living within Hood River County. This year will mark the 90th year of the program, which is based on community participation.
Approximately 500 families (2,000 men, women and children) were registered in 2012 and were provided with food and toy assistance.
The Christmas Project is available to Hood River County families meeting State of Oregon Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) standards (previously known as the food stamps), although they do not need to be presently receiving SNAP benefits. Families wishing to apply will need to bring proof of income and residency. Eligible children in the family must be living at home. Christmas
In Hood River, applications will be taken at the Oregon Department of Human Services, 1610 Ninth Court on the Heights off of Pacific Avenue, Fridays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 8, 15 and 22 and Dec. 6, and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 9, 16, 23 and Dec. 7.
Applications will also be accepted later in November in Parkdale, Odell and Cascade Locks.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge