Wednesday, October 30, 2013
An energy assistance program is currently in progress by the Mid Columbia Community Action office for low-income families with disabled or senior members in Hood River, Wasco, and Sherman counties.
These families are also eligible if they are customers of City of The Dalles Water and Sewer, The Dalles Disposal, PUD, Hood River Garbage, and City of Hood River Water and Sewer.
Program will have assistance open to the general public as of Dec. 2.
To make an appointment, contact the office closest to you: Hood River, 541-386-4027; or The Dalles, 541-298-5131. Outreach appointments will be held throughout the winter in Maupin, Tygh Valley, Wamic, Dufur, Cascade Locks, Parkdale, Moro, Rufus and Wasco.
The monthly income levels to qualify are listed below and depend on the number of people in the household and family’s maximum monthly income:
1 — $1,808.91
2 — $2,365.49
3 — $2,922.08
4 — $3,478.67
5 — $4,035.25
The exception are families with a member 85 years or older, who will receive free garbage service with no income requirements.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Updated: Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge