Wednesday, October 30, 2013
An energy assistance program is currently in progress by the Mid Columbia Community Action office for low-income families with disabled or senior members in Hood River, Wasco, and Sherman counties.
These families are also eligible if they are customers of City of The Dalles Water and Sewer, The Dalles Disposal, PUD, Hood River Garbage, and City of Hood River Water and Sewer.
Program will have assistance open to the general public as of Dec. 2.
To make an appointment, contact the office closest to you: Hood River, 541-386-4027; or The Dalles, 541-298-5131. Outreach appointments will be held throughout the winter in Maupin, Tygh Valley, Wamic, Dufur, Cascade Locks, Parkdale, Moro, Rufus and Wasco.
The monthly income levels to qualify are listed below and depend on the number of people in the household and family’s maximum monthly income:
1 — $1,808.91
2 — $2,365.49
3 — $2,922.08
4 — $3,478.67
5 — $4,035.25
The exception are families with a member 85 years or older, who will receive free garbage service with no income requirements.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 29: Jennifer Ringlbauer and Bertha Gallagher
- Death notices for Oct. 29: Mary Hoyt and Manuel Zamudio
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge