Wednesday, October 30, 2013
An energy assistance program is currently in progress by the Mid Columbia Community Action office for low-income families with disabled or senior members in Hood River, Wasco, and Sherman counties.
These families are also eligible if they are customers of City of The Dalles Water and Sewer, The Dalles Disposal, PUD, Hood River Garbage, and City of Hood River Water and Sewer.
Program will have assistance open to the general public as of Dec. 2.
To make an appointment, contact the office closest to you: Hood River, 541-386-4027; or The Dalles, 541-298-5131. Outreach appointments will be held throughout the winter in Maupin, Tygh Valley, Wamic, Dufur, Cascade Locks, Parkdale, Moro, Rufus and Wasco.
The monthly income levels to qualify are listed below and depend on the number of people in the household and family’s maximum monthly income:
1 — $1,808.91
2 — $2,365.49
3 — $2,922.08
4 — $3,478.67
5 — $4,035.25
The exception are families with a member 85 years or older, who will receive free garbage service with no income requirements.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge