Wednesday, October 30, 2013
An energy assistance program is currently in progress by the Mid Columbia Community Action office for low-income families with disabled or senior members in Hood River, Wasco, and Sherman counties.
These families are also eligible if they are customers of City of The Dalles Water and Sewer, The Dalles Disposal, PUD, Hood River Garbage, and City of Hood River Water and Sewer.
Program will have assistance open to the general public as of Dec. 2.
To make an appointment, contact the office closest to you: Hood River, 541-386-4027; or The Dalles, 541-298-5131. Outreach appointments will be held throughout the winter in Maupin, Tygh Valley, Wamic, Dufur, Cascade Locks, Parkdale, Moro, Rufus and Wasco.
The monthly income levels to qualify are listed below and depend on the number of people in the household and family’s maximum monthly income:
1 — $1,808.91
2 — $2,365.49
3 — $2,922.08
4 — $3,478.67
5 — $4,035.25
The exception are families with a member 85 years or older, who will receive free garbage service with no income requirements.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge