Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Beginning Oct. 30 Hood River City residents may dispose of leaves at the City Public Works facility at 18th and May streets. Disposal hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Check in at the office before dropping off leaves. Residents will be required to empty any bagged leaves.
Branches and other brush will not be accepted by the City. The Hood River Transfer Station at 3440 Guignard Road (386-4676) will accept this type of debris. Disposal of residential debris at the transfer station is free every Wednesday.
Residents are reminded that leaves must not be raked into the gutter as they can plug the storm drains and cause flooding. This is a violation of the Hood River Municipal Code.
If you would like to have leaves for mulch, call Marlo Messmer at 541-387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge