Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Beginning Oct. 30 Hood River City residents may dispose of leaves at the City Public Works facility at 18th and May streets. Disposal hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Check in at the office before dropping off leaves. Residents will be required to empty any bagged leaves.
Branches and other brush will not be accepted by the City. The Hood River Transfer Station at 3440 Guignard Road (386-4676) will accept this type of debris. Disposal of residential debris at the transfer station is free every Wednesday.
Residents are reminded that leaves must not be raked into the gutter as they can plug the storm drains and cause flooding. This is a violation of the Hood River Municipal Code.
If you would like to have leaves for mulch, call Marlo Messmer at 541-387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge