Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Beginning Oct. 30 Hood River City residents may dispose of leaves at the City Public Works facility at 18th and May streets. Disposal hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Check in at the office before dropping off leaves. Residents will be required to empty any bagged leaves.
Branches and other brush will not be accepted by the City. The Hood River Transfer Station at 3440 Guignard Road (386-4676) will accept this type of debris. Disposal of residential debris at the transfer station is free every Wednesday.
Residents are reminded that leaves must not be raked into the gutter as they can plug the storm drains and cause flooding. This is a violation of the Hood River Municipal Code.
If you would like to have leaves for mulch, call Marlo Messmer at 541-387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge