Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Beginning Oct. 30 Hood River City residents may dispose of leaves at the City Public Works facility at 18th and May streets. Disposal hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Check in at the office before dropping off leaves. Residents will be required to empty any bagged leaves.
Branches and other brush will not be accepted by the City. The Hood River Transfer Station at 3440 Guignard Road (386-4676) will accept this type of debris. Disposal of residential debris at the transfer station is free every Wednesday.
Residents are reminded that leaves must not be raked into the gutter as they can plug the storm drains and cause flooding. This is a violation of the Hood River Municipal Code.
If you would like to have leaves for mulch, call Marlo Messmer at 541-387-5201 with your name, address and phone number.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge