Wednesday, September 4, 2013
The Dalles is host to the 25th Annual Aluminum Man Triathlon and Duathlon on Sept. 7 based from the city’s Riverfront Park. Registration for the event — featuring Olympic and sprint distance triathlons, a triathlon relay and an Olympic duathlon — is still open.
For spectators, the best place to watch the action will be the Riverfront Park, starting at 9 a.m. with the first field of racers.
The Olympic triathlon is a 1K swim in the Columbia River, a 50K bike ride east of The Dalles and a 10K run. Sprint triathlon distances are .5K swim, 25K bike and 5K run. The duathlon is a 50K bike and 10K run.
For more information, to register or for post-race results, visit racecenter.com/aluminumman.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge