Wednesday, September 4, 2013
The Dalles is host to the 25th Annual Aluminum Man Triathlon and Duathlon on Sept. 7 based from the city’s Riverfront Park. Registration for the event — featuring Olympic and sprint distance triathlons, a triathlon relay and an Olympic duathlon — is still open.
For spectators, the best place to watch the action will be the Riverfront Park, starting at 9 a.m. with the first field of racers.
The Olympic triathlon is a 1K swim in the Columbia River, a 50K bike ride east of The Dalles and a 10K run. Sprint triathlon distances are .5K swim, 25K bike and 5K run. The duathlon is a 50K bike and 10K run.
For more information, to register or for post-race results, visit racecenter.com/aluminumman.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge