Wednesday, September 4, 2013
The Dalles is host to the 25th Annual Aluminum Man Triathlon and Duathlon on Sept. 7 based from the city’s Riverfront Park. Registration for the event — featuring Olympic and sprint distance triathlons, a triathlon relay and an Olympic duathlon — is still open.
For spectators, the best place to watch the action will be the Riverfront Park, starting at 9 a.m. with the first field of racers.
The Olympic triathlon is a 1K swim in the Columbia River, a 50K bike ride east of The Dalles and a 10K run. Sprint triathlon distances are .5K swim, 25K bike and 5K run. The duathlon is a 50K bike and 10K run.
For more information, to register or for post-race results, visit racecenter.com/aluminumman.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge