Wednesday, September 4, 2013
The Dalles is host to the 25th Annual Aluminum Man Triathlon and Duathlon on Sept. 7 based from the city’s Riverfront Park. Registration for the event — featuring Olympic and sprint distance triathlons, a triathlon relay and an Olympic duathlon — is still open.
For spectators, the best place to watch the action will be the Riverfront Park, starting at 9 a.m. with the first field of racers.
The Olympic triathlon is a 1K swim in the Columbia River, a 50K bike ride east of The Dalles and a 10K run. Sprint triathlon distances are .5K swim, 25K bike and 5K run. The duathlon is a 50K bike and 10K run.
For more information, to register or for post-race results, visit racecenter.com/aluminumman.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge