Wednesday, September 4, 2013
The Dalles is host to the 25th Annual Aluminum Man Triathlon and Duathlon on Sept. 7 based from the city’s Riverfront Park. Registration for the event — featuring Olympic and sprint distance triathlons, a triathlon relay and an Olympic duathlon — is still open.
For spectators, the best place to watch the action will be the Riverfront Park, starting at 9 a.m. with the first field of racers.
The Olympic triathlon is a 1K swim in the Columbia River, a 50K bike ride east of The Dalles and a 10K run. Sprint triathlon distances are .5K swim, 25K bike and 5K run. The duathlon is a 50K bike and 10K run.
For more information, to register or for post-race results, visit racecenter.com/aluminumman.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge