Wednesday, September 4, 2013
The 7th annual Pacific Crest Trail Days returns to Cascade Locks Sept. 6-8 with a full lineup of activities in store based out of the event headquarters on Thunder Island. The three-day event celebrates the 2,663-mile trail stretching from the U.S. border with Mexico to the border with Canada along the Sierra Nevada and Cascade mountain ranges. The free event includes three days of classes, gear exhibitions, food and music, presentations and more, as well as free camping on Thunder Island the first two nights.
New to the lineup of activities this year is the PCT Days disc golf tournament at the recently completed 18-hole Locks Approach course at the east end of town. The $40 tournament fee includes three discs, a shirt and three raffle tickets for the product/gear raffle taking place at 5 p.m. Sept. 7. Register for the tournament by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact email@example.com.
Sept. 6 activities run from noon-11 p.m. and are highlighted by an 8 p.m. showing of a John Muir Trail documentary “Mile … Mile and a Half.” A full day of activities is in store for Sept. 7 starting with a 9 a.m. check-in for the disc golf tournament, which starts at 10:30 a.m. Classes will run throughout the day, and outdoor recreation products will be on display from 10 a.m. -5 p.m., with a raffle and silent auction set for 5 p.m. At 8:30 p.m. a DJ will kick-off the 2013 PCT Days party, which runs until 11 p.m. Sunday’s activities include another round of disc golf and the Next Adventure Ring of Fire and Awards Ceremony at 2 p.m.
More like this story
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
- Harvest Quilt fundraiser on now
- Kegler's Corner: Jeff Furlong stars at Orchard Lanes
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge