Wednesday, September 4, 2013
The Delta Kappa Sorority is having its 23rd Annual Home Tour Sunday, Sept. 22, from noon until 5 p.m. Proceeds from the tour will go toward the FISH Food Bank building fund.
This year three homes and one B&B will be featured on the tour. It starts at Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River, where tickets, brochures and maps will be available, as well as refreshments and a raffle basket from noon to 3 p.m.
Tickets are $10 and may be purchased in advance at Waucoma Bookstore or Tammy’s Floral on the Heights, or on the day of the tour at CGCC or individual homes on the tour.
For more information call 541-386-6049.
More like this story
- The Porch for May 20
- Columbia Center offers Summer Arts class scholarships
- HR Valley Residents Committee: ‘Long-term watchdogs’ celebrate Sunday
- Parkdale teacher wins ‘Math Excellence Award’
- Letters to the Editor for May 20
- Morrison Park: Yes to re-zone, but dig in first
- Another Voice: Mexico: my thoughts and personal experiences
- Police Log, April 24 to May 14
- ‘No’ on NORCOR bond, close races for Port, Schools
- Moro: Azure weed plan takes root
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge