Wednesday, September 4, 2013
The Delta Kappa Sorority is having its 23rd Annual Home Tour Sunday, Sept. 22, from noon until 5 p.m. Proceeds from the tour will go toward the FISH Food Bank building fund.
This year three homes and one B&B will be featured on the tour. It starts at Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River, where tickets, brochures and maps will be available, as well as refreshments and a raffle basket from noon to 3 p.m.
Tickets are $10 and may be purchased in advance at Waucoma Bookstore or Tammy’s Floral on the Heights, or on the day of the tour at CGCC or individual homes on the tour.
For more information call 541-386-6049.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge