Saturday, September 7, 2013
Collette Zack had two goals and Jade Schumacher and Mona Diaz had one apiece Tuesday evening in the Hood River Valley High School varsity girls soccer team’s season-opener at Rex Putnam. The 4-0 win came after a tight first half that ended with the Eagles up 1-0 off Shumacher’s goal.
With assistance, Zack broke the game open for the Eagles with a goal less than a minute into the second half and another at the 60-minute mark assisted by Korey Cimock. Freshman Mona Diaz made it 4-0 with a goal off an assist by freshman Cielo Rivera.
The team was led defensively by Sophie Grace and Jenissa Ramierez and at the midfield by Hannah Bergeman and Lily Zega. Vanessa Silva and Sophia Marble combined for the shutout in goal.
The girls travel to Sandy Sept. 10, followed by home games Sept. 12 and 17, both 4:30 p.m. at Westside Elementary School.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge