Saturday, September 7, 2013
Collette Zack had two goals and Jade Schumacher and Mona Diaz had one apiece Tuesday evening in the Hood River Valley High School varsity girls soccer team’s season-opener at Rex Putnam. The 4-0 win came after a tight first half that ended with the Eagles up 1-0 off Shumacher’s goal.
With assistance, Zack broke the game open for the Eagles with a goal less than a minute into the second half and another at the 60-minute mark assisted by Korey Cimock. Freshman Mona Diaz made it 4-0 with a goal off an assist by freshman Cielo Rivera.
The team was led defensively by Sophie Grace and Jenissa Ramierez and at the midfield by Hannah Bergeman and Lily Zega. Vanessa Silva and Sophia Marble combined for the shutout in goal.
The girls travel to Sandy Sept. 10, followed by home games Sept. 12 and 17, both 4:30 p.m. at Westside Elementary School.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge