Saturday, September 7, 2013
Collette Zack had two goals and Jade Schumacher and Mona Diaz had one apiece Tuesday evening in the Hood River Valley High School varsity girls soccer team’s season-opener at Rex Putnam. The 4-0 win came after a tight first half that ended with the Eagles up 1-0 off Shumacher’s goal.
With assistance, Zack broke the game open for the Eagles with a goal less than a minute into the second half and another at the 60-minute mark assisted by Korey Cimock. Freshman Mona Diaz made it 4-0 with a goal off an assist by freshman Cielo Rivera.
The team was led defensively by Sophie Grace and Jenissa Ramierez and at the midfield by Hannah Bergeman and Lily Zega. Vanessa Silva and Sophia Marble combined for the shutout in goal.
The girls travel to Sandy Sept. 10, followed by home games Sept. 12 and 17, both 4:30 p.m. at Westside Elementary School.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge