Tuesday, September 10, 2013
DeWayne ‘Doug’ Smith
DeWayne D. “Doug” Smith, of Hood River, Ore., died Sept. 6, 2013, in Sandy, Ore. He was born May 7, 1980, in a military hospital in Nürnberg, Germany.
A viewing is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 13, from 8-9 a.m. at Hillside Chapel, 1306 Seventh St., Oregon City, OR 97045; 503-656-4285. Graveside services with full military honors will take place at Willamette National Cemetery, 1800 S.E. Mt. Scott Blvd., Portland, OR 97086, with a church service to follow at a location to be determined.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to a fund to benefit Doug’s children, in care of Scio Christian Church, 38955 N.W. Second Ave., Scio, OR 97374; make sure donations are clearly marked with his name.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge