Tuesday, September 10, 2013
DeWayne ‘Doug’ Smith
DeWayne D. “Doug” Smith, of Hood River, Ore., died Sept. 6, 2013, in Sandy, Ore. He was born May 7, 1980, in a military hospital in Nürnberg, Germany.
A viewing is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 13, from 8-9 a.m. at Hillside Chapel, 1306 Seventh St., Oregon City, OR 97045; 503-656-4285. Graveside services with full military honors will take place at Willamette National Cemetery, 1800 S.E. Mt. Scott Blvd., Portland, OR 97086, with a church service to follow at a location to be determined.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to a fund to benefit Doug’s children, in care of Scio Christian Church, 38955 N.W. Second Ave., Scio, OR 97374; make sure donations are clearly marked with his name.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge