Tuesday, September 10, 2013
DeWayne ‘Doug’ Smith
DeWayne D. “Doug” Smith, of Hood River, Ore., died Sept. 6, 2013, in Sandy, Ore. He was born May 7, 1980, in a military hospital in Nürnberg, Germany.
A viewing is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 13, from 8-9 a.m. at Hillside Chapel, 1306 Seventh St., Oregon City, OR 97045; 503-656-4285. Graveside services with full military honors will take place at Willamette National Cemetery, 1800 S.E. Mt. Scott Blvd., Portland, OR 97086, with a church service to follow at a location to be determined.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to a fund to benefit Doug’s children, in care of Scio Christian Church, 38955 N.W. Second Ave., Scio, OR 97374; make sure donations are clearly marked with his name.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge