Tuesday, September 10, 2013
DeWayne ‘Doug’ Smith
DeWayne D. “Doug” Smith, of Hood River, Ore., died Sept. 6, 2013, in Sandy, Ore. He was born May 7, 1980, in a military hospital in Nürnberg, Germany.
A viewing is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 13, from 8-9 a.m. at Hillside Chapel, 1306 Seventh St., Oregon City, OR 97045; 503-656-4285. Graveside services with full military honors will take place at Willamette National Cemetery, 1800 S.E. Mt. Scott Blvd., Portland, OR 97086, with a church service to follow at a location to be determined.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to a fund to benefit Doug’s children, in care of Scio Christian Church, 38955 N.W. Second Ave., Scio, OR 97374; make sure donations are clearly marked with his name.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge