Wednesday, September 11, 2013
The 12th-annual Double Cross returns to Hood River Valley High School next weekend for two days of cyclecross racing action that is expected to draw between 400 and 500 competitors from across the Northwest. Racing starts at 8:40 a.m. both days and runs until about 4 p.m., with a variety of different age and experience levels running throughout the day. Newcomers are encouraged to participate and a kiddie race will run both days at 12:20 p.m. For info see bit.ly/1dNdbN3
Cascade to Crown Bike Ride is Sunday, running from Cascade Locks to Crown Point. Several distances are available. See www.cascadetocrownride.com for details.
The Twin Tunnels Run is Sept. 15, starting at the Hood River end of the historic highway trailhead. Distances are 12K, 5K and 3K, with a 200-meter kids run to kick things off at 9:50 a.m. Day-of registration starts at 9 a.m. and is $10 without a shirt or $20 with.
n ASA softball trouts for girls ages 10-14 for next spring’s season will run Saturday at Westside Elementary School starting at noon. For questions or more information, contact Chuck Johnisee at 541-490-3292.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge