Wednesday, September 11, 2013
The 12th-annual Double Cross returns to Hood River Valley High School next weekend for two days of cyclecross racing action that is expected to draw between 400 and 500 competitors from across the Northwest. Racing starts at 8:40 a.m. both days and runs until about 4 p.m., with a variety of different age and experience levels running throughout the day. Newcomers are encouraged to participate and a kiddie race will run both days at 12:20 p.m. For info see bit.ly/1dNdbN3
Cascade to Crown Bike Ride is Sunday, running from Cascade Locks to Crown Point. Several distances are available. See www.cascadetocrownride.com for details.
The Twin Tunnels Run is Sept. 15, starting at the Hood River end of the historic highway trailhead. Distances are 12K, 5K and 3K, with a 200-meter kids run to kick things off at 9:50 a.m. Day-of registration starts at 9 a.m. and is $10 without a shirt or $20 with.
n ASA softball trouts for girls ages 10-14 for next spring’s season will run Saturday at Westside Elementary School starting at noon. For questions or more information, contact Chuck Johnisee at 541-490-3292.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge