Wednesday, September 11, 2013
The 12th-annual Double Cross returns to Hood River Valley High School next weekend for two days of cyclecross racing action that is expected to draw between 400 and 500 competitors from across the Northwest. Racing starts at 8:40 a.m. both days and runs until about 4 p.m., with a variety of different age and experience levels running throughout the day. Newcomers are encouraged to participate and a kiddie race will run both days at 12:20 p.m. For info see bit.ly/1dNdbN3
Cascade to Crown Bike Ride is Sunday, running from Cascade Locks to Crown Point. Several distances are available. See www.cascadetocrownride.com for details.
The Twin Tunnels Run is Sept. 15, starting at the Hood River end of the historic highway trailhead. Distances are 12K, 5K and 3K, with a 200-meter kids run to kick things off at 9:50 a.m. Day-of registration starts at 9 a.m. and is $10 without a shirt or $20 with.
n ASA softball trouts for girls ages 10-14 for next spring’s season will run Saturday at Westside Elementary School starting at noon. For questions or more information, contact Chuck Johnisee at 541-490-3292.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge