Wednesday, September 11, 2013
The Odell Garden Club will host a garden tour and progressive box lunch at its regular business meeting on Sept. 10.
The meeting will begin at the Community Building at the fairgrounds with fruit and juice, and continue on a tour of Bob and Shirley Cheney’s dahlias, Norma Curtis’ garden (and box lunch exchange), and then to Norma Frisbie’s to view dahlias and have dessert. For more information, contact Curtis at 541-386-6635.
The Gorge Fruit and Craft Show will be held Oct. 19-20 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Hood River County Fairgrounds, and as always, there will be lots of local items.
There are still some vendor spaces available, and applications can be found online at www.hood-riverfair.org.
“The school year is off to a great start at Wy’east Middle School and we are excited about the new staff who have joined us, the new bell schedule and the new students who are now attending,” says Wy’east representative Teri Adams.
Some dates for the calendar: Students who weren’t able to get their registration photos will be able to do so Sept. 12, and Wy’east will hold its annual Fall Eagle Fest Open House Sept. 26; look for more information in upcoming columns.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge