Wednesday, September 11, 2013
The Odell Garden Club will host a garden tour and progressive box lunch at its regular business meeting on Sept. 10.
The meeting will begin at the Community Building at the fairgrounds with fruit and juice, and continue on a tour of Bob and Shirley Cheney’s dahlias, Norma Curtis’ garden (and box lunch exchange), and then to Norma Frisbie’s to view dahlias and have dessert. For more information, contact Curtis at 541-386-6635.
The Gorge Fruit and Craft Show will be held Oct. 19-20 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Hood River County Fairgrounds, and as always, there will be lots of local items.
There are still some vendor spaces available, and applications can be found online at www.hood-riverfair.org.
“The school year is off to a great start at Wy’east Middle School and we are excited about the new staff who have joined us, the new bell schedule and the new students who are now attending,” says Wy’east representative Teri Adams.
Some dates for the calendar: Students who weren’t able to get their registration photos will be able to do so Sept. 12, and Wy’east will hold its annual Fall Eagle Fest Open House Sept. 26; look for more information in upcoming columns.
More like this story
- OSAA 5A SOFTBALL PLAYOFFS Late-game heroics by Lauren Decker, Hannah McNerney send HRV to the 5A quarterfinals
- Death Notices for May 27: Sharon Mills, Donna Schnell and Scott Zorza
- Service Announcements for May 27: Randy Van Woert and Thomas Ford
- Next Walking Tour June 5
- Lyle Pioneer Days return May 27
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge