Wednesday, September 11, 2013
The Odell Garden Club will host a garden tour and progressive box lunch at its regular business meeting on Sept. 10.
The meeting will begin at the Community Building at the fairgrounds with fruit and juice, and continue on a tour of Bob and Shirley Cheney’s dahlias, Norma Curtis’ garden (and box lunch exchange), and then to Norma Frisbie’s to view dahlias and have dessert. For more information, contact Curtis at 541-386-6635.
The Gorge Fruit and Craft Show will be held Oct. 19-20 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Hood River County Fairgrounds, and as always, there will be lots of local items.
There are still some vendor spaces available, and applications can be found online at www.hood-riverfair.org.
“The school year is off to a great start at Wy’east Middle School and we are excited about the new staff who have joined us, the new bell schedule and the new students who are now attending,” says Wy’east representative Teri Adams.
Some dates for the calendar: Students who weren’t able to get their registration photos will be able to do so Sept. 12, and Wy’east will hold its annual Fall Eagle Fest Open House Sept. 26; look for more information in upcoming columns.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge