Wednesday, September 11, 2013
The Port of Hood River Commission has initiated an update of its Strategic Business Plan to process that will guide the agency goals, decisions, operations and investments practices over the next five years into the foreseeable future.
The first Strategic Business Plan special public meeting is scheduled for Sept. 25 at 6 p.m., at the Port of Hood River conference room. A second meeting is scheduled for, Oct. 23 at 6 p.m., at the Mt. Hood Town Hall.
More like this story
- ‘Notes from the Riverkeepers’ tour in Mosier, Hood River
- ‘The Tangled Skirt’
- Death Notices for Sept. 27 edition: James Clifton and Dorothy Cotton
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 23 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Helping kids be better readers is a SMART move
- Monday in CL: Fire recovery information presented at Port Pavilion
- Thank you, firefighters
- Summer of Smoke
- Foundation gives $50,000 to library for collections, projects
- Another Voice: Finding ‘Best of All Worlds’ in the area of cell tower permit requests
"The tangled skirt" opens run at unique venue
Director Judie Hanel presents the Steve Braunstein play “The Tangled Skirt” in an unusual theatrical setting, River Daze Café. Here, Bailey Brice (Bruce Howard) arrives at a small town bus station and has a fateful encounter with Rhonda Claire (Desiree Amyx Mackintosh). Small talk turns into a deadly game of cat and mouse and both seek advantage. The actors present the story as a staged reading in the café, where large windows and street lights lend themselves to the bus station setting, according to Hanel. Performances are 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28, Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1. (There is no Friday performance.) Tickets available at the door or Waucoma Bookstore: $15 adults, $12 seniors and children under 15. No children under 9. Enlarge