Wednesday, September 11, 2013
HRVHS volleyball 1-1 at Madison
Hood River Valley High School varsity volleyball went 1-1 over the weekend at the Madison Tournament. The team opened with a first-round win against David Douglas 25-23, 25-17, followed by a loss to Dallas 25-12, 26-24.
Highlighting the tournament was Mara Troxel’s four service aces against Dallas to give the team a six-point run and tie the final set of the tournament 24-24 before eventually losing the match. Coach Scott Walker also noted senior Alyssa Rangel for her performance coming off the bench and playing solid defense.
The team plays in Bend Thursday and hosts its home opener Sept. 17 vs. Reynolds at 5:45 p.m.
HRVHS Hall of Fame golf tourney Sept. 21
The seventh-annual Hood River Valley High School Athletic Hall of Fame fundraiser golf tournament will be Sept. 21 at Indian Creek Golf Course. Pick up registration forms at Indian Creek Golf Course, HRVHS athletic office or by calling 541-386-2318.
Gorge Kids Tri Sept. 22
The Gorge Kids Triathlon returns to the Hood River Waterfront Park on Sunday, Sept. 22. The event is a fun and safe entry-level triathlon open to all elementary-aged kids. Day-of registration opens at 8:30 a.m. and participants should be ready for the opening ceremony and pre-race instructions at 9:45 a.m. by the swim beach. Age group waves will start from there. Registration can be done online at active.com. For more information, see the Gorge Kids Triathlon Facebook page or call 541-490-6844.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge