Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Briana Wood and Jacob Thompson, both of Hood River, were married Aug. 17 at Mayer State Park. Juan Reyes officiated.
The bride is the daughter of Linn and Barbara Winans, of Hood River. She is a 2000 graduate of Hood River Valley High School.
The groom is the son of Lance and Patricia Thompson, of Centerville, Wash. He is a 2000 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and works as a stationary engineer in Shemya Island, Alaska.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge