Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Briana Wood and Jacob Thompson, both of Hood River, were married Aug. 17 at Mayer State Park. Juan Reyes officiated.
The bride is the daughter of Linn and Barbara Winans, of Hood River. She is a 2000 graduate of Hood River Valley High School.
The groom is the son of Lance and Patricia Thompson, of Centerville, Wash. He is a 2000 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and works as a stationary engineer in Shemya Island, Alaska.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge