Thursday, September 12, 2013
Emergency lockdowns have been canceled for schools in Hood River, but police continue their search efforts for a suspect fleeing the scene of a reported holdup at U.S. Bank, located at 1309 12th St., in Hood River.
Suspect is reported to be armed with a handgun.
Hood River Police, Hood River Sheriff's Office and Skamania County are in a collaborated effort to find the suspect. A bank surveilance photo of the suspect has been released.
Lockdowns in local schools were in effect this morning, but now have been lifted.
Police are looking for a suspect in connection with a holdup that occurred shortly after 10 a.m. at U.S. Bank in Hood River. A suspect in his 30s, 5'11," white, with facial hair, wearing a brown wig, blue sweatshirt, reportedly fled the scene after brandishing a black handgun. Search is currently focused along east section of Indian Creek Trail.
Police Statement: At 10:09 on 09/12/13 suspect appearing to be in his 30's, blue long sleeve t-shirt, tan pants, long hair and facial hair 5'11, slender build came into Hood River branch of US Bank and presented a note and displayed a firearm. suspect left with an undisclosed amount of money. Hood River Police, Hood River Sheriff's Office and Skamania County are in a collaborated effort to find the suspect.
FBI units are en route to Hood River to aid the investigation. Skamania County is aiding the investigation with a cainine unit, and a helicopter is being used in the search.
Police scanner information reported a witness saw a person wearing a "white shirt, khakis, and dreadlocks," who may have matched the description.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge