Thursday, September 12, 2013
Emergency lockdowns have been canceled for schools in Hood River, but police continue their search efforts for a suspect fleeing the scene of a reported holdup at U.S. Bank, located at 1309 12th St., in Hood River.
Suspect is reported to be armed with a handgun.
Hood River Police, Hood River Sheriff's Office and Skamania County are in a collaborated effort to find the suspect. A bank surveilance photo of the suspect has been released.
Lockdowns in local schools were in effect this morning, but now have been lifted.
Police are looking for a suspect in connection with a holdup that occurred shortly after 10 a.m. at U.S. Bank in Hood River. A suspect in his 30s, 5'11," white, with facial hair, wearing a brown wig, blue sweatshirt, reportedly fled the scene after brandishing a black handgun. Search is currently focused along east section of Indian Creek Trail.
Police Statement: At 10:09 on 09/12/13 suspect appearing to be in his 30's, blue long sleeve t-shirt, tan pants, long hair and facial hair 5'11, slender build came into Hood River branch of US Bank and presented a note and displayed a firearm. suspect left with an undisclosed amount of money. Hood River Police, Hood River Sheriff's Office and Skamania County are in a collaborated effort to find the suspect.
FBI units are en route to Hood River to aid the investigation. Skamania County is aiding the investigation with a cainine unit, and a helicopter is being used in the search.
Police scanner information reported a witness saw a person wearing a "white shirt, khakis, and dreadlocks," who may have matched the description.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge