Monday, September 16, 2013
Release from the Hood River Police Department: The suspect in the Sept. 12 bank robbery of the Hood River branch of US Bank has been identified and captured today.
On Sept. 16 an investigation into the bank robbery by the Hood River Police Department culminated in a search warrant at the suspect's residence.
Members of the Hood River Police Department, FBI and Hood River Sheriff's Office executed the search warrant at the suspect's residence.
Timothy Bryan Glenn, 28, of Hood River, was taken into custody this afternoon.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Memorial Hospital addition plans approved in 1956
- Pick of the Week: ‘Pack It Up’ begins showing at Columbia Center for the Arts
- Neighbors: Thanks, invitations, and ‘good appetite’
- GO! Green Drinks at Riverside June 22
- Caregivers’ support group meets at HR Adult Center
- Care to serve? Resignations create local openings
- ‘Understanding Islam’ event planned June 9
- Travelogue: Greyhound
- First Friday brings street closures
- Revamped ‘Farm Place’ will open on June 10
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge