Monday, September 16, 2013
Release from the Hood River Police Department: The suspect in the Sept. 12 bank robbery of the Hood River branch of US Bank has been identified and captured today.
On Sept. 16 an investigation into the bank robbery by the Hood River Police Department culminated in a search warrant at the suspect's residence.
Members of the Hood River Police Department, FBI and Hood River Sheriff's Office executed the search warrant at the suspect's residence.
Timothy Bryan Glenn, 28, of Hood River, was taken into custody this afternoon.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge