Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Riverside Community Church invites community members to attend a new and groundbreaking adult education series entitled “Painting the Stars: Science, Religion and an Evolving Faith.”
The highly acclaimed series offers a thoughtful, evocative and awe-inspiring look into the relationship between science and faith.
The name for the series relates to a quote from Vincent Van Gogh: “When I have a terrible need of — dare I say, ‘religion’? — then I go outside at night and paint the stars.”
Guided by the wisdom and experience of leading theologians, scientists and progressive thinkers, participants will explore what it means to be part of a creative process that spans more than 13.7 billion years.
“Those who look at a star-filled sky with awe and seek to ground their faith in a sense of mystery and wonder will find this to be a rich and meaningful series,” said Rev. Vicky Stifter, pastor of Riverside Church. “The exploration of science and faith is especially timely as we grapple with the destruction of so much of the created world.”
The Sunday morning series will begin Sept. 22 at 9 a.m. All gatherings will take place at Riverside Community Church, United Church of Christ, Fourth and State streets in Hood River.
For more information or to register, contact the church office at 541-386-1412.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge