Thursday, September 19, 2013
Columbia Center for the Arts Stage Troupe invites you to audition for a staged reading of Jon Robin Baitz's play “Other Desert Cities,” directed by Judie Hanel.
“Other Desert Cities” is about a daughter returning for a Christmas gathering after writing a tell-all book about a family secret. Her politically influential parents suddenly scramble with an issue they’d rather not discuss. Secrets and lies unravel, making each character more complex – and human. The play is a searing comedy with banter that dazzles and decimates.
Audition dates are Sunday, Sept. 29 at 2 p.m. and Monday, Sept. 30 at 6 p.m.
Production dates are Nov. 22 and 23 at 7:30 p.m. Characters needed: 2 men and 3 women.
Auditions consist of reading from selections of the show. Sides are available at the gallery desk. Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River. For more information please contact Judie Hanel: firstname.lastname@example.org
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge