Thursday, September 19, 2013
Columbia Center for the Arts Stage Troupe invites you to audition for a staged reading of Jon Robin Baitz's play “Other Desert Cities,” directed by Judie Hanel.
“Other Desert Cities” is about a daughter returning for a Christmas gathering after writing a tell-all book about a family secret. Her politically influential parents suddenly scramble with an issue they’d rather not discuss. Secrets and lies unravel, making each character more complex – and human. The play is a searing comedy with banter that dazzles and decimates.
Audition dates are Sunday, Sept. 29 at 2 p.m. and Monday, Sept. 30 at 6 p.m.
Production dates are Nov. 22 and 23 at 7:30 p.m. Characters needed: 2 men and 3 women.
Auditions consist of reading from selections of the show. Sides are available at the gallery desk. Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River. For more information please contact Judie Hanel: firstname.lastname@example.org
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge