Thursday, September 19, 2013
Columbia Center for the Arts Stage Troupe invites you to audition for a staged reading of Jon Robin Baitz's play “Other Desert Cities,” directed by Judie Hanel.
“Other Desert Cities” is about a daughter returning for a Christmas gathering after writing a tell-all book about a family secret. Her politically influential parents suddenly scramble with an issue they’d rather not discuss. Secrets and lies unravel, making each character more complex – and human. The play is a searing comedy with banter that dazzles and decimates.
Audition dates are Sunday, Sept. 29 at 2 p.m. and Monday, Sept. 30 at 6 p.m.
Production dates are Nov. 22 and 23 at 7:30 p.m. Characters needed: 2 men and 3 women.
Auditions consist of reading from selections of the show. Sides are available at the gallery desk. Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River. For more information please contact Judie Hanel: email@example.com
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge