Thursday, September 19, 2013
Columbia Center for the Arts Stage Troupe invites you to audition for a staged reading of Jon Robin Baitz's play “Other Desert Cities,” directed by Judie Hanel.
“Other Desert Cities” is about a daughter returning for a Christmas gathering after writing a tell-all book about a family secret. Her politically influential parents suddenly scramble with an issue they’d rather not discuss. Secrets and lies unravel, making each character more complex – and human. The play is a searing comedy with banter that dazzles and decimates.
Audition dates are Sunday, Sept. 29 at 2 p.m. and Monday, Sept. 30 at 6 p.m.
Production dates are Nov. 22 and 23 at 7:30 p.m. Characters needed: 2 men and 3 women.
Auditions consist of reading from selections of the show. Sides are available at the gallery desk. Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River. For more information please contact Judie Hanel: firstname.lastname@example.org
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge