Thursday, September 19, 2013
Columbia Center for the Arts Stage Troupe invites you to audition for a staged reading of Jon Robin Baitz's play “Other Desert Cities,” directed by Judie Hanel.
“Other Desert Cities” is about a daughter returning for a Christmas gathering after writing a tell-all book about a family secret. Her politically influential parents suddenly scramble with an issue they’d rather not discuss. Secrets and lies unravel, making each character more complex – and human. The play is a searing comedy with banter that dazzles and decimates.
Audition dates are Sunday, Sept. 29 at 2 p.m. and Monday, Sept. 30 at 6 p.m.
Production dates are Nov. 22 and 23 at 7:30 p.m. Characters needed: 2 men and 3 women.
Auditions consist of reading from selections of the show. Sides are available at the gallery desk. Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River. For more information please contact Judie Hanel: firstname.lastname@example.org
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge