Saturday, September 21, 2013
On Friday, Oct. 11, from 6-10 p.m., Half the Gorge Sky will hold a benefit event at the Sunshine Mill Winery in The Dalles in support of literacy and girls’ education.
The event features Halelupe, a musical guest from Portland, bringing guitar virtuosity and powerful vocals together as she performs her soulful, emotional original songs.
After dinner, a silent and live auction will take place to benefit both The Dalles library expansion project and the Sacred Valley Project, which provides a path to higher education for talented indigenous girls from the far-flung mountain villages of Peru.
Auction items continue to accrue and will include unique experiences, gourmet dinners and handmade gifts of all kinds and for all budgets.
Tickets are $25 at Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles and Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and at the door.
For more information email halfgorgesky @gmail.com, call Jen at 541-806-0093. Visit www.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge