Saturday, September 21, 2013
The Mid-Columbia Medical Center is proud to present the classical virtuoso piano duo of Karen Eddleman and Ronald Potts in the Theatre at The Dalles Civic Auditorium on Saturday, Oct. 12.
The concert begins the Civics’ Theatre Rehabilitation Capital Campaign. Engineering and architectural plans are under way, and this concert begins the final push to restore the Civics’ magnificent theater to its original splendor.
As part of a cultural exchange program, the piano duo of Karen Eddleman and Ronald Potts accepted an invitation to perform in Liechtenstein. They received rave reviews: “a veritable feast for the ears — the duo brought goose bumps to the audience — and their performance of works by Astor Piazzolla brought the audience to their feet.” Their interpretations of Bach, Mozart and Piazzolla will provide a memorable evening for music lovers.
Jill Minnick, on behalf of the Mid-Columbia Music Teachers Association, led a fundraiser to purchase a Grotrian-Steinweg concert piano in 2005 to be used at the Civic. The piano will be featured in the concert.
An elegant reception will feature complimentary champagne and hors d’oeuvres before the concert, a meet-and-greet afterwards.
Advanced tickets are $50 available at Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles and Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River.
For more information visit thedallescivic.org or contact Debra Jones at 541-298-8533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda