Saturday, September 21, 2013
Reiki classes are being offered by Hood River Community Education on Oct. 6 and 13.
The class meets at instructor Jacquie Hashizume’s home in The Dalles.
In Reiki I participants will learn about the healing energy that reduces stress and promotes relaxation. This healing energy may be used with humans, animals, plants and crystals. Reiki II will teach how to send this healing energy long distance.
Class fee is $120; textbook is $20. Register at hrcommunityed.org.
Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has since been adapted by various teachers of varying traditions.
It uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands-on-healing as a form of alternative medicine and is sometimes classified as oriental medicine by some professional medical bodies.
Through the use of this technique, practitioners believe that they are transferring universal energy (i.e., Reiki) in the form of qi (pronounced “chee”) through the palms, which they believe allows for self-healing and a state of equilibrium.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge