Saturday, September 21, 2013
Reiki classes are being offered by Hood River Community Education on Oct. 6 and 13.
The class meets at instructor Jacquie Hashizume’s home in The Dalles.
In Reiki I participants will learn about the healing energy that reduces stress and promotes relaxation. This healing energy may be used with humans, animals, plants and crystals. Reiki II will teach how to send this healing energy long distance.
Class fee is $120; textbook is $20. Register at hrcommunityed.org.
Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has since been adapted by various teachers of varying traditions.
It uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands-on-healing as a form of alternative medicine and is sometimes classified as oriental medicine by some professional medical bodies.
Through the use of this technique, practitioners believe that they are transferring universal energy (i.e., Reiki) in the form of qi (pronounced “chee”) through the palms, which they believe allows for self-healing and a state of equilibrium.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge