Saturday, September 21, 2013
Reiki classes are being offered by Hood River Community Education on Oct. 6 and 13.
The class meets at instructor Jacquie Hashizume’s home in The Dalles.
In Reiki I participants will learn about the healing energy that reduces stress and promotes relaxation. This healing energy may be used with humans, animals, plants and crystals. Reiki II will teach how to send this healing energy long distance.
Class fee is $120; textbook is $20. Register at hrcommunityed.org.
Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has since been adapted by various teachers of varying traditions.
It uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands-on-healing as a form of alternative medicine and is sometimes classified as oriental medicine by some professional medical bodies.
Through the use of this technique, practitioners believe that they are transferring universal energy (i.e., Reiki) in the form of qi (pronounced “chee”) through the palms, which they believe allows for self-healing and a state of equilibrium.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill