Saturday, September 21, 2013
Reiki classes are being offered by Hood River Community Education on Oct. 6 and 13.
The class meets at instructor Jacquie Hashizume’s home in The Dalles.
In Reiki I participants will learn about the healing energy that reduces stress and promotes relaxation. This healing energy may be used with humans, animals, plants and crystals. Reiki II will teach how to send this healing energy long distance.
Class fee is $120; textbook is $20. Register at hrcommunityed.org.
Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has since been adapted by various teachers of varying traditions.
It uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands-on-healing as a form of alternative medicine and is sometimes classified as oriental medicine by some professional medical bodies.
Through the use of this technique, practitioners believe that they are transferring universal energy (i.e., Reiki) in the form of qi (pronounced “chee”) through the palms, which they believe allows for self-healing and a state of equilibrium.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge