Saturday, September 21, 2013
Reiki classes are being offered by Hood River Community Education on Oct. 6 and 13.
The class meets at instructor Jacquie Hashizume’s home in The Dalles.
In Reiki I participants will learn about the healing energy that reduces stress and promotes relaxation. This healing energy may be used with humans, animals, plants and crystals. Reiki II will teach how to send this healing energy long distance.
Class fee is $120; textbook is $20. Register at hrcommunityed.org.
Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has since been adapted by various teachers of varying traditions.
It uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands-on-healing as a form of alternative medicine and is sometimes classified as oriental medicine by some professional medical bodies.
Through the use of this technique, practitioners believe that they are transferring universal energy (i.e., Reiki) in the form of qi (pronounced “chee”) through the palms, which they believe allows for self-healing and a state of equilibrium.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge