Saturday, September 21, 2013
Reiki classes are being offered by Hood River Community Education on Oct. 6 and 13.
The class meets at instructor Jacquie Hashizume’s home in The Dalles.
In Reiki I participants will learn about the healing energy that reduces stress and promotes relaxation. This healing energy may be used with humans, animals, plants and crystals. Reiki II will teach how to send this healing energy long distance.
Class fee is $120; textbook is $20. Register at hrcommunityed.org.
Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has since been adapted by various teachers of varying traditions.
It uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands-on-healing as a form of alternative medicine and is sometimes classified as oriental medicine by some professional medical bodies.
Through the use of this technique, practitioners believe that they are transferring universal energy (i.e., Reiki) in the form of qi (pronounced “chee”) through the palms, which they believe allows for self-healing and a state of equilibrium.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge