Saturday, September 21, 2013
Reiki classes are being offered by Hood River Community Education on Oct. 6 and 13.
The class meets at instructor Jacquie Hashizume’s home in The Dalles.
In Reiki I participants will learn about the healing energy that reduces stress and promotes relaxation. This healing energy may be used with humans, animals, plants and crystals. Reiki II will teach how to send this healing energy long distance.
Class fee is $120; textbook is $20. Register at hrcommunityed.org.
Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has since been adapted by various teachers of varying traditions.
It uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands-on-healing as a form of alternative medicine and is sometimes classified as oriental medicine by some professional medical bodies.
Through the use of this technique, practitioners believe that they are transferring universal energy (i.e., Reiki) in the form of qi (pronounced “chee”) through the palms, which they believe allows for self-healing and a state of equilibrium.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge