Saturday, September 21, 2013
Morgan wins ICMGA Fall Handicap title
Indian Creek Men’s Golf Association members enjoyed ideal weather and playing conditions last weekend in the 2013 Fall Handicap Championship. Jake Morgan ran away from the field of 46, firing a 70 on Saturday and a solid 74 on Sunday for a gross score of 144 and a net of 134.
Doug Beveridge provided the other major highlight of the weekend with a hole-in-one on Hole No. 10 during Saturday’s round.
ICMGA’s final 2013 event, the Flag Tournament, will take place on Saturday, Oct. 19.
Other winners: A Flight – Low Net: 1st, Roger Barry; 2nd, Paul Armerding; 3rd, John Garcia; 4th, Dave Martin; Low Gross: (tie) Mark Mason, Eudoro Cervantes, Mitchell Huru
B Flight – Low Net: 1st, Dino Terrana; 2nd, Rob Peterson; 3rd, Scott Linden; 4th, Pat McAllister; Low Gross: Jim Slusher
C Flight – Low Net: 1st, Doug Beveridge; 2nd, Scott Meredith; 3rd, Doug Powrie; 4th, Clark Emmerson; Low Gross: Dan McConnell
HRVHS boys soccer ties McLouglin
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys soccer team holds a 4-0-1 record after a 3-3 tie with McLoughlin on the road Wednesday evening. Jaime Frias had two goals and Joel Aberg had one in the game that started in dominant fashion for HRV with a 3-0 lead after the first half.
Coach Jaime Rivera says the team lost focus in the second half and let some questionable calls get the better of them. The Eagles play next vs. West Albany Sept. 21, noon at Westside and Wilsonville Sept. 26, 6 p.m. at HRVHS.
The JV boys team remains undefeated (5-0) after a 5-3 win this week against McLoughlin and the freshman boys are off to a solid start with a 4-0-1 record.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge