Saturday, September 21, 2013
Morgan wins ICMGA Fall Handicap title
Indian Creek Men’s Golf Association members enjoyed ideal weather and playing conditions last weekend in the 2013 Fall Handicap Championship. Jake Morgan ran away from the field of 46, firing a 70 on Saturday and a solid 74 on Sunday for a gross score of 144 and a net of 134.
Doug Beveridge provided the other major highlight of the weekend with a hole-in-one on Hole No. 10 during Saturday’s round.
ICMGA’s final 2013 event, the Flag Tournament, will take place on Saturday, Oct. 19.
Other winners: A Flight – Low Net: 1st, Roger Barry; 2nd, Paul Armerding; 3rd, John Garcia; 4th, Dave Martin; Low Gross: (tie) Mark Mason, Eudoro Cervantes, Mitchell Huru
B Flight – Low Net: 1st, Dino Terrana; 2nd, Rob Peterson; 3rd, Scott Linden; 4th, Pat McAllister; Low Gross: Jim Slusher
C Flight – Low Net: 1st, Doug Beveridge; 2nd, Scott Meredith; 3rd, Doug Powrie; 4th, Clark Emmerson; Low Gross: Dan McConnell
HRVHS boys soccer ties McLouglin
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys soccer team holds a 4-0-1 record after a 3-3 tie with McLoughlin on the road Wednesday evening. Jaime Frias had two goals and Joel Aberg had one in the game that started in dominant fashion for HRV with a 3-0 lead after the first half.
Coach Jaime Rivera says the team lost focus in the second half and let some questionable calls get the better of them. The Eagles play next vs. West Albany Sept. 21, noon at Westside and Wilsonville Sept. 26, 6 p.m. at HRVHS.
The JV boys team remains undefeated (5-0) after a 5-3 win this week against McLoughlin and the freshman boys are off to a solid start with a 4-0-1 record.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge