Saturday, September 21, 2013
Hood River’s Dave Nunn was honored earlier this month at the Association of Wind & Water Sports Industries annual awards ceremony at the SURF EXPO trade show in Florida. Nunn, owner of Windance Boardshop in Hood River, was called to stage during the festivities as the recipient of the Windsurfing Retailer of the Year award.
AWSI members are made up of all the windsurf/kite/SUP distributors and manufacturers. Each votes on who they think was the year’s top retailer, rider and manufacturer for each of the three industries.
“I was stoked when this year’s spokesman, the legendary Dave Kalama, called out Windance for the Windsurfing Retailer of the Year,” commented Nunn. “I ended up on the stage and had to make an impromptu and totally unprepared speech in which I told the whole crowd “Windsurfing is here to stay,” which pleasantly got a good cheer from the crowd.”
Nunn said his staff and customer base deserve thanks for their part in making Windance award-worthy.
“I have a fantastic team of staff who really deserve the thanks,” he noted. “They have the stoke for the sport which permeates through the whole shop. Our customers are also to be thanked, they vote with the dollars and without that support we couldn’t survive.”
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge