Saturday, September 21, 2013
Hood River’s Dave Nunn was honored earlier this month at the Association of Wind & Water Sports Industries annual awards ceremony at the SURF EXPO trade show in Florida. Nunn, owner of Windance Boardshop in Hood River, was called to stage during the festivities as the recipient of the Windsurfing Retailer of the Year award.
AWSI members are made up of all the windsurf/kite/SUP distributors and manufacturers. Each votes on who they think was the year’s top retailer, rider and manufacturer for each of the three industries.
“I was stoked when this year’s spokesman, the legendary Dave Kalama, called out Windance for the Windsurfing Retailer of the Year,” commented Nunn. “I ended up on the stage and had to make an impromptu and totally unprepared speech in which I told the whole crowd “Windsurfing is here to stay,” which pleasantly got a good cheer from the crowd.”
Nunn said his staff and customer base deserve thanks for their part in making Windance award-worthy.
“I have a fantastic team of staff who really deserve the thanks,” he noted. “They have the stoke for the sport which permeates through the whole shop. Our customers are also to be thanked, they vote with the dollars and without that support we couldn’t survive.”
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge