Saturday, September 21, 2013
Hood River’s Dave Nunn was honored earlier this month at the Association of Wind & Water Sports Industries annual awards ceremony at the SURF EXPO trade show in Florida. Nunn, owner of Windance Boardshop in Hood River, was called to stage during the festivities as the recipient of the Windsurfing Retailer of the Year award.
AWSI members are made up of all the windsurf/kite/SUP distributors and manufacturers. Each votes on who they think was the year’s top retailer, rider and manufacturer for each of the three industries.
“I was stoked when this year’s spokesman, the legendary Dave Kalama, called out Windance for the Windsurfing Retailer of the Year,” commented Nunn. “I ended up on the stage and had to make an impromptu and totally unprepared speech in which I told the whole crowd “Windsurfing is here to stay,” which pleasantly got a good cheer from the crowd.”
Nunn said his staff and customer base deserve thanks for their part in making Windance award-worthy.
“I have a fantastic team of staff who really deserve the thanks,” he noted. “They have the stoke for the sport which permeates through the whole shop. Our customers are also to be thanked, they vote with the dollars and without that support we couldn’t survive.”
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- Sports briefs for June 28
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge