Monday, September 23, 2013
Students and staff have been dismissed from the Hood River Valley High School campus due to a bomb threat. Athletic events and afterschool activities have also been canceled. Law enforcement is currently conducting an investigation at the school. Pete Hughes with the Hood River County Sheriff's Office reported that "we have reason to believe (the threat) was not credible."
The following is a message from Hood River County School District Superintendent Dan Goldman regarding this morning's bomb threat at Hood River Valley High School:
This is a message that is being sent out to all Parents and guardians of students at Hood river Valley High School. This only affects HRVHS, all other schools are to remain open and continue normal operations.
•The Hood River County Sheriffs Deputies were called to the High School this morning after a student found written material indicating that a bomb was on school grounds.
•In consulting with Sheriff Matt English, law enforcement recommended that the high school be evacuated to allow law enforcement to conduct a sweep of the facility. We consider bomb threats to be very serious. The safety of our children is our top priority. Following the recommendation of our law enforcement partners, we are evacuating the high school and dismissing students for the remainder of the day.
•Our buses will be driving students home on their normal afternoon routes.
•All afterschool activities at the high school are cancelled for the day.
•We expect school to resume on normal schedule tomorrow.
•The incident is being investigated by our local law enforcement partners and critical updates will follow.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge